PDA

View Full Version : A whole bunch of tire-wheel ?'s

Huffa
03-04-2005, 08:10 PM
1) anyone buy a tire-wheel combo package?
2) wheel thickness (guage) - 125, 160 or 190 ?
3) what wheels (rims, stock size) will fit on a 200S? Almost all honda 3 wheelers?
4) " " " " " " 225 DX ......... knowing that they are only 3 luggers the chioce must be narrowed down quite a bit.
5) Would you strongly suggest don't bother with the 125 guage and hop right up to the 190's?

From whom did you purchase it? Please leave website if possible.

At the moment I'm just curious about all this.

Thanks!

going4broketecate85
03-04-2005, 09:47 PM
1) I have bought a wheel tire combo package before
2) I went with the 160 thickness, but that depends on what kind of ridding you are going to be doing.
3) OEM 200S: Rims= 8x8, 4/130. Tire= 22x11x8. Note rear only 84/85 don't know about front might be the same?
4)225dx front: Rims= 8x8, 3/100. Tire= 22x11x8. Rear don't know.
5)190's are stronger but, again that depends on your ridding. 190's are also more$$

I bought my wheel tire kit from:

www.rockymountainatv.com

But watch out for them some, of the info in their computers is wrong they told me that the front rim for a 84/85 tecate was: 10x5, 4/156, which is the 4-wheeler front wheel, it really is 10x8!! Then they told me they wouldn't sell me one front tire and that I had to buy in pairs, so I told them that it was a 3-wheeler and I have no use for the second front tire, then they told me that they would not sell me a front tire or rim cause they now knew I was putting it on a 3-wheeler. Had to call back 3 times and talk to a "supervisor" finally got her to send it to me but they had to write a bunch of legal stuff on the receipt saying that they are not liable for anything once the tire/rim left their warehouse blah blah blah!!

Next time I will just go to my local dealer and have him do all that work and not have to pay shipping either!!

sorry for all the ranting hope some of that helps you.