PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of 1985 250r w/ 350 pv motor

bushwacker51
03-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Well finally finished my1985 250r. I replaced the 265 motor with a 350power valve motor. I also added a ftz drag pipe, with an ESR airbox eliminator kit. I thought this motor would make tons of power so I added a Ace Fabrication 6 inch extended swing arm Along with new 86 caliper (thanks CAL-ATV) , rad enginering bearing holder, Dura blue axle, and a lone star axle lock nut. I also had Total control suspenssion rebuild my shock and set it up for my weight and the 6 inch extended swingarm. This bike is far from perfect but I decided not to repaint the frame because I ride this trike and if it looks to nice I will be scared to get it dirty and I wont ride it. I started it up and it sounds really strong. I have not had a chance to ride it yet but I hope to be able to show some quads my tail lights. I know it wont be in the same league as Kassey's atc 500r but I hope it runs strong. Glenn Oister

Darius1502
03-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Wow!!! Thats awesome. One day I am going to build on of those.

hiflyintri-z
03-04-2005, 02:16 AM
yup i have seen this bike in person it is a bad boy (the owner lives across town) :) i would love to ride it some time cuz dang its awsome.
thomas wessels

HaggLE
03-04-2005, 04:56 AM
But you don't have tail lights... ;)

bigredhead
03-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Wow.. that pipe is nuts !!!!

bushwacker51
03-04-2005, 09:40 AM
If you look closley right by the prm rack you will see blue plastic. That is the tail light. It has a tail light you just have to look closley to see it. Glenn O. :)

twgranger
03-04-2005, 09:47 AM
That is nice!!

AZ250R
03-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Your AFRAID to ride it! Admit it. ;)
I'd be a tad leary @ first too... but ya know its gonna just HAUL to say the least. :naughty:
So whats with the 6pack rack on a drag trike though, oh wait its for take'n the champagne across the finish line with ya!!! :beer

3leggeddog
03-04-2005, 07:25 PM
that thing is bad!!!!!all execpt for that pipe,god lord it looks outta place.here in ohio we don't see alot of that though.sweet trike anyway!!!!!

CHAINSAW
03-04-2005, 08:19 PM
I know it wont be in the same league as Kassey's atc 500r but I hope it runs strong. Glenn Oister

Dont count on that Glenn.. that powervalved motor ported by the right guy, will leave that 500R behind. If you want it ported by the right guy, lemme know.. :) Ill hook you up with a guy in Parsons that will make that thing mean, mean MEAN!

twgranger
03-04-2005, 08:38 PM
that thing is bad!!!!!all execpt for that pipe,god lord it looks outta place.here in ohio we don't see alot of that though.sweet trike anyway!!!!!
That pipe is killer looking. :twisted:

Apollo
03-04-2005, 09:34 PM
That is a bad R. Which 350 pv cylinder did you go with?

bushwacker51
03-04-2005, 10:54 PM
I took it for a ride tonight and yes I was a little scared at first but darn that motor made that trike scream. I have it jeted a little rich soI had a little dead spot on the top end but otherwise it is a beast. I belive it is a pro x cylinder. As for how the pipe looks well I think it looks bad to the bone but I dont care how it looks just so long as it makes it go faster and it does make it go faster. I will probably get in touch with you chain saw next time I put a new piston in it. Thanks for all the positive comments. (all except for the pipe comment of course lol) Glenn Oister

CHAINSAW
03-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Only people who dont like the drag pipe look, is big red riding mud lovers.... they dont appreciate the sand roosters :)

KASEY
03-05-2005, 12:37 AM
i think it looks great,,, you will have ablast on it too..... if you get a adjustable strut you can reduce the ride height ,,, that is the only downfall to a long swinger ,, it raises you up quite a bit,,,

i am a drag pipe person too,,, WAIT till you see my next project,,,,,, :D :D

atc86r
03-05-2005, 10:46 PM
How's the rad bearing carrier. Does it have the external grease fitting? Nice trike.

bushwacker51
03-06-2005, 02:12 AM
Yes the rad bearing carrier has the external grease fittings. I bought the unit that uses the tappered bearings. I was a little upset with the instructions. They said in big bold letters DO NOT REMOVE GREASE SEAL. Then in the next line they say to hand pack the bearings with grease. I call Rad manufacturing and talk to a broad. She arrgues with me that you do not remove the seals. I tell her that to hand pack the bearing with grease you must remove the seal. She keeps saying dont do that. I finally said then why do your instructions say HAND PACK THE BEARING?. She says well, then hesitates and says I dont know. I say lady have you ever hand packed a bearing. She says well no but maybe we need to look at our instructions. I say good idea and hang up. I Hate when the put an idiot on the phone to answer questions and they do not know crap about the product or how to install it. Oh well sorry for ranting just makes me mad. Glenn O

KASEY
03-06-2005, 01:34 PM
if you use a oring pick you can get the seals out without hurting them,, and if you think about it ,,,,,,, how does the grease fitting work if you leave the seals in???? grease won't pass into the bearing with the SEAL IN PLACE,, i always take the inner seal out anyway then you can hand pack it ,,,

CHAINSAW
03-06-2005, 04:23 PM
grease is more weight.. you can just leave it out.. lol

edog
03-06-2005, 07:09 PM
That thing is sick,you better get it to the hospital.