PDA

View Full Version : Front Gas Tank On Tri-z??

theeechozen1
01-22-2003, 06:50 PM
I was thinkin of losing the rear gas tank on my tri-rz and putting in one from a 300ex or something so I can ditch the electric fuel pump, The fuel pump keeps giving me jetting problems by overfiling the bowls, If anyone has ever tried this let me know, Thanx for the input

TimSr
01-22-2003, 07:00 PM
The fuel pump is vacuum operated from the cylinder, and does not use electric, and if the overflow in your carb is not plugged, it should never give you jetting problems, even if the needle and seat are bad. If they are bad, feeding gas by gravity will still overfill the carb. If your carb is overfilling you need to replace the needle and seat.

Jeb
01-22-2003, 07:05 PM
My Z has a tank where the airbox normally is. It sets under the airbox cover. I have no idea what a 300ex gas tank looks like but a Tri-Zinger tank will work. of course you have to cut a hole through the airbox cover for the fill inlet and run a clamp on type airfilter as the stock filter and airbox setup becomes ebay material along with the stock gas tank.

theeechozen1
01-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Sorry guys I shoulda been a little more detailed on this one, My bike has an rz350 motor witch is similar to the banshee, The fuel pump is electric and I wish to do away with it, I can get a battery eliminator kit witch they sell for the rz350 streetbike so that the power valves can still function, and the rz stator is plenty powerful for the lights, so I wanted to lose the rear tank and install one in the front settled neatly in the frame so I can have a gravity set-up- and lose the battery altogether. Is there a battery on a stock tri-z?? I don't know too much about the tri-z's so any info you have is greatly appriciated

freaksfix
01-22-2003, 07:47 PM
Got any pics of your Tri-RZ? Sounds pretty cool!

TimSr
01-22-2003, 11:25 PM
The TriZ has no battery stock. Im not sure how yur electric fuel pump is setup, but it should have a forked output with one going to the carb, and one going back into the tank. This is to keep the pump from building up pressuer when the floats close the needle. Again, if you have a problem of it not shutting off gas to the carb, no matter how its fed, youll still have the problem. The only way the electric fuel pump could be the cause is if its only got one output, connected to the carb, and it runs without shutting off, and builds up pressure forcing it through the needle and seat. If you tee it off, and run a loop back into the tank, it should correct it.

theeechozen1
01-23-2003, 11:22 AM
It runs from the pump into a valve that splits the fuel into 2 lines then runs into the carbs, there are 2 carbs on this beast. I took some pics with my girlfriends cam last night and will post them right after she e-mails them to me. It kinda looks lame with no plastics on it but it'll give ya the basic idea of it. Can you think of a good tank to use that will give a good fit and still let me put the plastic back over it?? Thanx for the help :-D

200x350xtriz250
01-05-2007, 11:36 PM
here's one with a zinger tank
Iknow this is an old thread, but here it is anyway.