PDA

View Full Version : finally got to ride in the snow

trimoto55
03-01-2005, 10:26 AM
we got a hell of a snowstorm last night and finally got to ride the 225 for once in it and wow was it fun...thanks to everyone who helped me out with the carb it runs ok now but i think i need a carb rebuild kit for it.

kando
03-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Glad to see its up and running, I still think a carb kit is a waste of money, there is hardly anything to wear out. Run some fuel injection cleaner (double the recommended amount) in tank this will clean up carb. To many first time carb cleaners miss some hole that is still plugged up, I've did it myself. Another problem is the pin that the float hinges on looks clean but there is just enough old gas residue on it making float stick. This gives bogging out cause it doesn't lower quick enough to let gas in, then gas comes out overflow when stopped cause it won't lift easy enough to fully shut off. Carburetors don't give us problems as much as the old gas residue in them. If your trike is going to sit for 3 months learn how to shut off gas and drain carb. It's alot less work to drain than always be cleaning it or trouble shooting some weird reason why it doesn't run right. You say your carb runs okay now, just put some fuel injection cleaner in tank, you'll burn your tires off, and you'll be alot happier with you trike.

mikey's250sx
03-01-2005, 11:04 AM
i got about 8" here and was out too last night. really really fun.

Wickedfinger
03-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Once again the weather fools got it wrong for me (I hate you "Hurricane" Schwartz!) - they said 7" - 13", we got like 5" max, and the roads only got 3" at the most - but it was enough for them to call a local state of emergency. I did manage to put about 13 mostly road miles on the old ALT125 though - it wasn't worth it to take the Scrammy out.

brapp
03-02-2005, 05:21 PM
it was fun i ahve abroken wrist and was still out playin on the roads with the old sx.

travisg75
03-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Hey we actually got a dusting of snow yesterday; however, by the time I got up and put on my clothes the sun had melted it away. I am still waiting to play. :mad:

Tri-ZNate
03-02-2005, 06:10 PM
YEah we got like an inch here in Northeast PA last night. Went riding this after noon and the one part of the road has like a 2" drift. Its nice.

YAMAHA_Jim
03-02-2005, 06:14 PM
I got 12-14 inches of new snow.I put my 40 hours in already plowing and moving snow this week.Thursday and Friday will be OT. I rode my YTM for about an hr,got tired of getting stuck and turning it around. The blaster is useless until I get some trails and my track packed down.Right now I'm about to fall asleep.
I'm having a sale on snow if anyone wants any. $10 a truckload,and you load it yourself :)
SNOW STILL SUX!!