PDA

View Full Version : Bought a 200s last weekend

crackshot
03-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Bought a 1985 200s last weekend. Nice rubber on rear, need to replace front tire. plastic good, just needs to be polished. Seat in good shape.
All there complete and ready to ride.
Rebuilt the carb just because I had an extra kit laying around and wanted to be sure.
Engine is strong and damn near rips arm out of socket when starting because of compression. Nice and grabby clutch with no slippage whatsoever.
Engine does not leak or burn a drop of oil.
I paid 375.00 and the guy even delivered to my house which is 20 miles away.
I will post pics later.

Tri-ZNate
03-01-2005, 09:25 AM
does he have a high compression pistion in it? sounds like an awesome trike for that much money, or should I say that little?

crackshot
03-01-2005, 09:41 AM
does he have a high compression pistion in it? sounds like an awesome trike for that much money, or should I say that little?

I do not know if it has high compression piston in it.
I do know it will pull the front wheel off the ground when you jam on the throttle.
Sounds meaner and much more power than my 185s.
Wife claimed the 185s now and she likes that trike which is perfect for her.
I could have got the trike for 350.00 but it was in good shape and he was willing to deliver.
The seller does not have a job and had his daughter for the weekend so it was worth 25 extra bucks to deliver and with the 25 extra buck, he told me he was going to take his daughter to dinner.
He was totally grateful that I bought it to help him out of a bind he told me.
Gave me a good feeling because I have been there before.

83185s
03-01-2005, 10:50 PM
dude thats sweet...my 185 was pretty powerful..it pulled wheelies through 3rd with a regualr comp piston..it was only .25 over...not much but enough to give it a little power...you have fun on that beast!!

wheelie king
03-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Wheelies on a 200s? Never tried that!
Not like I am biased or anything...(like my screename or trike in the sig) :TrikesOwn

Congrats. Through all the trike/bike exchanges/sales/swaps, I've held on to the 200s. You'll really enjoy it. I certainly do.