PDA

View Full Version : 110 exhaust and cam questions

TrikerR
03-01-2005, 04:19 AM
ok guys, i need to make a desicion on what im going to do about a pipe. ive got three choices.
A-get the DG steel RCM
B-the Cobra pipe
C-get a Supertrapp universal.

if i went with option C, would a stock pipe be enough flow or would a bigger(inner diameter)pipe be needed. also, whats too big of a pipe, so i dont start losing performance.

with a cam do i need to purchase anything else, i.e. new spring, retainers or valves and is a port and polish a good idea.

:beer
ned

HaggLE
03-01-2005, 07:29 AM
As big as what fits are my rules when it comes to pipes. Match the exhaust to suit as best as you can.

Depending on what cam you go for will depend on what valve springs are recommended but im sure that stock ones will do the job.

Increase the carb size to something like 24mm and match the port through to the inlet valve. This will give you better flow and of course more power.

BIGCRIP28
03-01-2005, 11:08 AM
i put on the cobra megaphone, but the paint sucks a big one. i cant get anything to stick. i tried the BBQ black a bunch of times. i planned on (never did yet) trying the header paint from the auto parts store.
if you get a hotter cam i would get the performance spring kit
http://www.webcamshafts.com/main.html
they have a bunch of different cams ^^^ and they have spring kits.

Lomax
03-01-2005, 11:15 AM
I have a Cobra Megaphone on 1 of my 110's and it didnt take but a minute before it began to cook away. When it gets a little worse I am going to try Duplicolor 1500 degree header paint I am sure that will stick. As far as the pipe itself though, It sure makes that little 110 sound tough and it has a Large headpipe diamiater than helps with the flow of things.

edog
03-01-2005, 08:36 PM
I sandblasted the exgaust and painted it with 500 degree duplecolor paint.It worked very good.It has been on there for 2 years and no rust.

TrikerR
03-02-2005, 07:33 AM
so whats the better product, the DG or the Cobra