PDA

View Full Version : Lucky to be alive!!!

250sxer
02-28-2005, 10:53 AM
I was riding with my buddy Friday night or should I say Saturday Morning. It was about 1:30 AM. We were riding in some pastures and I was going to too fast and ran over a 12 foot cliff by a pond. I only wish that I would have landed in the pond. Instead, there was about 30 feet or so of ground before the pond started. I landed nose first, went over the handle bars and landed on the right side of my face. Luckily, I broke nothing, but I am sore, man I am sore. However, I bent my front forks on my SX pretty badly. I was just contemplating going with 200x front end or 250 R front end. Now I have that opportunity to do that. Any help on where I should start with putting a new front end on my SX, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

ClayW
02-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Dang man I feel for you. Your tripple tree might have been bent too. That sucks. The 200X conversion takes a lot of parts including brake parts. Thats whats gona be costly. Good luck with it. Glad your ok. At least the bike didnt fall on you. :D

250sxer
02-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Actually, the bike did fall on me. I am bruised from my feet to my head, just nothing broke. Clay, I am good friends with Patrick Blackwell. In fact, I went riding with him after my accident, just rode the 350x instead. My Triple trees arent bent, just the forks and the handle bars. All the electrical still works and the front brakes work. What front end will fit on there the easiest, R, 200x, or 350x?

ClayW
02-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Im not sure which one would work the best. I know the 200x will go right on, and I think I have seen a SX with a 350X front end. The big change is going to be going from the drum brakes to hydraulic disc. I will say that a 350Xs front end assembly will cost you a LOT more than a 200Xs. Especially the forks. If you do decide to go the 350X route, I do have a spare 350X tripple tree if you need it. Pats a good guy. Im getting ready to send him his BigRed tank and sidecovers to him. I repainted them for him. He tell you that im from Denham Springs. Live in GA now though. :beer