PDA

View Full Version : My 350x restore

jenndnn3
02-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Last year our beast went swimming in a lake of salt water. SOOO yes the dreaded teardown. I just thought I would share some of the progress. I hope to have this finished this week.

twgranger
02-26-2005, 09:32 PM
That is looking great. :w00t:

Maine_Triker
02-26-2005, 10:16 PM
WOW I wish my 350x looked that good when torn down.

250RNUT
02-26-2005, 10:20 PM
That looks great.I'm thinking of trading one of my 250r's for a 350x. the more I look at those the more I like.Nice work

dirtface
02-26-2005, 10:24 PM
WOW!!! looks great. I wish my frame looked that nice. Great job.

shudup
02-26-2005, 10:54 PM
dam nice butt... looks like you have too many toys by the background on the first pic
just donate it to less space chalenged like me :)

03 ORANGE SHEE
02-26-2005, 11:44 PM
sweeeet!!plus six swinger???

jenndnn3
02-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Yes plus 6 swinger. Makes for very nice ride. Yeah I have too many, I hope to ween some out after these 2 are done. Frame is powdercoated. Amazing enough the only thing really truley lost is the carrier. We are not quite sure what happened there, a year earlier it was fine. Here is an older pict when we first moved the 350x is in the background before teardown. The physical teardown only took 2 days, one with someone stronger then me to lift out engine. The rebuild is slightly slower. but quick enough. The other frame is my 85 200x. It goes next, but that will take alot longer. It's engine isnt ready.

dirtface
02-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Jenn, is the tecate ready to go, or is it waiting in line for a restoration? Those are all nice looking trikes.

Huffa
02-27-2005, 08:18 AM
Nice work and looks like the proper way to do a rebuild and spottless.

Speaking of spotless....... by the counter shaft area on engine what is that? Dirt mixed with chain lube from many years? Too far away to tell and just curious.

Nice collection too.............lucky you!

jenndnn3
02-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Dirtface the Tecate was bought On a whim. I got in trouble for that one. Not too bad. But enough. It needs a couple things before truley rideable. But I have orders to sell it. He hasnt reached nagging but he is close. I wont do full restore I dont think on it. Just make it a good runner, ride it then sell.

Huffa yeah the engine is dirty. It doesnt really need anything right now, so we are waiting till it needs a rebuild before we sandblast paint and do the pretty's on it. You are seeing the years on it. This is hubby's trike and the engine does depress him, but to me it isnt worth fixing/pretty up until it actually blows. I figure tho since we fixed the chassis up it should go soon, that is my general luck. I will toothbrush some spots missed, for general dirt spots. But as of now no real plans on this engine.

dirtface
02-27-2005, 09:04 AM
Wish I could buy a tecate on a whim. I'm 33 and have ate, drank and slept three wheelers just about my whole life. And have only ever seen two in person here in PA. They just don't exist around here. If you weren't so far away, I'd be nagging you to sell it, to me.

short4stuff
02-27-2005, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=jenndnn3]Dirtface the Tecate was bought On a whim. I got in trouble for that one. Not too bad. But enough. It needs a couple things before truley rideable. But I have orders to sell it. He hasnt reached nagging but he is close.....QUOTE]

Now that is funny, the man nagging the wife lol...

Nice resto though.

Huffa
02-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Wish I could buy a tecate on a whim. I'm 33 and have ate, drank and slept three wheelers just about my whole life. And have only ever seen two in person here in PA. They just don't exist around here. If you weren't so far away, I'd be nagging you to sell it, to me.

Oh they exist alright. They are just hiding in barns , sheds, outside uncoverd etc., etc. I always wonder just how many I pass not knowing it.

Where in Pa are you? I'm in Slatington, PA. 25 minutes N of Allentown.

dirtface
02-27-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm in Western PA, Probably 12 years ago or more I saw a green '84-'85, and about 8 years ago I saw a red '85. I have never actually seen a '86-'87.

jeswinehart
02-27-2005, 10:33 AM
but i think i missed the story of how it ended up in the drink or for how long.
how did that happen ???

john

jenndnn3
02-27-2005, 10:52 AM
LOL I wasnt there. Alsdads needs to tell that one. The drink, a term I am not used to saying but like it. Here is what I was told. Brian, (that is my hubby) was on my R, Dads was on my slow lil x, and coworkers kid was on the big X. He rides dirtbikes. My R is really setup well for sidehills, it will go well almost anywhere. The X is not, just extended swinger, so more likely to tip. And factor kid from dirtbike to threewheeler. Brian took a nice trail along a deep pond, or drink on the bottom of a big hill. From what I understand the R flew through this spot nice, while the x did not. They are unsure, if tire hit water, bump or just simply rolled. Maybe not enough speed, who knows. He rolled in. He was quick and smart enough to turn engine off before swimming. The only thing surface above water was 3 tires. They took an hour or so to flush system out then got it started. When they got back the poor kid was pale as a ghost, but survived fine. Kept repeating "thought I was gonna die". Me and the Dad took the R and X back out to make sure all systems go, Get it hot run any water out you know fun stuff. The rust from that hurt some of the componets, but all in speaking the trike faired incredibly well. I even took it to a local ride for a weekend and no problems, a crack manage to show up at the famous spot. So that is the story there. As told to me. I am sure at trikefest you can get Dads to elaborate more, he is the one who saw it. This particular trike gets ridden very hard. It was time to fix and clean.

AirManCam
02-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Nice story, and nice X. I would like to redo mine, but I just ride it too much, and would hate to see it get all dirty LOL.

ClayW
02-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Looks good man. I finished mine not too long ago. Always fun to work on.

jenndnn3
03-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Just a few more items and I am done. Sprocket, finish up brakes lines. Need a screw for exhaust guard. Rewrap upper wires. Yes I know clean rear tires. Anyway enjoy. I wasnt aiming for perfection. Just clean.

dirtface
03-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Looks very sweet Jenn. Worth being proud of. How much do you charge an hour? LOL.

Wickedfinger
03-04-2005, 05:47 PM
..... you ain't kiddin - I've been riding here in Pa for 20 of my 32 years, I've owned or restored over well over 30 ATV's in that time, and I've never, ever seen a T-3 in person and only a T-4 once.

thefox
03-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Well Jenn for not going for perfection you sure got close. Great job, it looks fantastic.

twgranger
03-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Look great all together. That swinger goes good on it too.