PDA

View Full Version : Need help with some tri-z parts...you tri-z guru's in hearplease:D?

MTS
02-26-2005, 09:04 PM
well i got me a '85 tri-z today..will post pic later, but i got a few questions first, i need a clutch side cover becuse i dont have one, but on the clutch side cover on the outside where the kickstarter go's from looking on bikebandit there seems to be another part on the outside of the case....not the kick shaft itself, but after that....am i halusinating or is there something elses there? some help pleases.....and if anyone has that part and the little essembly im talkin about pm me i need to buy them ....also boost bottel, dose the tri-z need it to run? and if yes, dose anyone have one with the hose and bottel, and if not what other dirtbikes can i get one off of......1 more question will a '86 YZ 250 clutch cover work on the tri-z bottem end if i take the powervalve assembly out?....think thats all for now...till i can get it in the garage and tear it apart further

Derrick Adams
02-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Ok, here's the scoop. First the boost bottle is not needed to run.But you will want to cap the hole in the intake!
Now, about the clutch cover deal. Firstly, the other part you are referring too is an external kick start assembly Yamaha added to the YZ engine to make it kick forward instead of backward in the Tri-Z. That will be a little difficult to find but they do show up on ebay occasionally.
You can use the YZ clutch cover, however you will need to change out the Tri-Z kicker gear assembly to one from a YZ as well. This will work fine, but kick backwards.
The Tri-Z clutch cover is still available from Yamaha for around $100 if you find the external kicker gear assembly. Use Bike bandit to make sure all of your internal kicker gear assembly is there, including the thrust washers! 86 YZ clutch cover will fit, if you convert to YZ kicker shaft.

Pistonhead
02-26-2005, 10:18 PM
well i got me a '85 tri-z today..will post pic later, but i got a few questions first, i need a clutch side cover becuse i dont have one, but on the clutch side cover on the outside where the kickstarter go's from looking on bikebandit there seems to be another part on the outside of the case....not the kick shaft itself, but after that....am i halusinating or is there something elses there? some help pleases.....and if anyone has that part and the little essembly im talkin about pm me i need to buy them ....also boost bottel, dose the tri-z need it to run? and if yes, dose anyone have one with the hose and bottel, and if not what other dirtbikes can i get one off of......1 more question will a '86 YZ 250 clutch cover work on the tri-z bottem end if i take the powervalve assembly out?....think thats all for now...till i can get it in the garage and tear it apart further

Sweet man! Good luck getting that Z running, I wish I could help but I've got no Idea what to do.

MTS
02-26-2005, 10:21 PM
thanks for the info....:D now i think ill look for the tri-z one......its a pitty if i had been a week ealier it would have still been on there, hell when i went to pick the bike up it was half apart cuze i called while they where takin it apart for parts..haha saved a Z

MTS
02-26-2005, 11:25 PM
So will the tri-z Run better with the boost bottel on it??? becuse i may be doing the phase 1 wrench report to it....or 2 if i can figure out what pipe i have...dont look stock thats for sure!

TimSr
02-27-2005, 12:35 AM
The boost bottle makes a big difference in the low end part of the power band.

LonesomeTriZ
02-27-2005, 01:14 AM
If you need part numbers and a break down of the assembly let me know.