PDA

View Full Version : Help with ATC70

Boomerang
02-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Wow, it's been a long time since I've been here. :) Wasn't even registered anymore. :wondering

Anyway, I'm working on an '85 ATC70. It's really running lean evidently. At first it wouldn't even idle without the choke being on. I dissassembled the carburetor, and cleaned everything, and the low speed jet was plugged. Cleaned it out, reassembled, and it will idle fine now but as soon as you hit the gas it dies quickly and backfires. If you reach down and push the choke, it takes off instantly. The high speed jet looked fine. It just acts as if it is starved for fuel. When I pulled the fuel line off the carb, it runs out full stream. Even checked and cleaned the fuel filter screen. What else should I check?

-air leak in manifold?
-air leak around fuel line hose?
-bowl float adjustment?
-high jet still partially clogged?
-timing?

Thanks,

Chris Palmer

kando
02-24-2005, 04:11 PM
The problem is still in the carb, float might not be piviting properly from gueuy fuel on pin, sounds like it just needs to be cleaned better, correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you just cleaned a few things in there, give it a thorourgh cleaning then see what happens.

hrc200x
02-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Both of my 70's do this also, one is stock, the other has a pipe and clamp on air filter, and probably stock settings in the carb.

It seems like when ever I need to go over 1/2 throttle or so it dies unless the choke is on.

I remember having a similar problem on a CT 70 and adjusting the points helped. maybe try that along with taking another look in the carb.