PDA

View Full Version : 86 350X, couple questions

86350X
01-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Hi, I was wondering if there was any changes between the 85 and 86 model years of the 350X? Also, where do you guys recomend I get a front tire? I am looking for a good all around tire, I ride mostly woods and occasionally some sand ( actually right now its all snow and ice) Anyway, I cant find a good tire in this size, everything is for quads now,,,,, Also does anyone know where I might find original rear plastic, I would like factory, I don't like the maier replacement. Thanks

ATCRYDER
01-21-2003, 07:18 PM
http://www.trikeriders.com/differences_between_the_1985_and.htm

I collected about 85% of the differances right there. Everythings VERY minute. Ignore the "Factory colors" and the other factory thing below it, as that was a misprint (as the page was taken from the 200X one I made)

Tires: Tires are Tires, Theyre either dirt, mud, or sand. You need 22 inch tires for 9 Inch Rims (If you are runnign stock rear rims).

OEM Plastic: Click here (http://www.qksrv.net/click-1114375-8237469)

Rob[/url]

86350X
01-21-2003, 07:29 PM
Hey, thank you very much,,, But my tire problem lies in the front,,,,, 23.5*8*11,,,,, I can't seem to find a good tire in this size, the ones I do find seem to have horrible tread patterns for the front of a trike, there for 484's or they just have a bunch of sqare knobs, I would like something wit a widely spaced aggresssive tread pattern,,, also the 8*11 part,, is it 8 inches wide and 11 inces tall? I would go look but it is literally below freezing out.

TimSr
01-21-2003, 07:39 PM
I like the looks of the Kenda K-284 Front Max AT. Too bad they dont make it in 12" for the TriZ!

86350X
01-21-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks, I'll look for it,,, I did just find that I can get a factort tire for 52.00... I might just do that, I am trying to restore mine to factory original,

Howdy
01-21-2003, 07:56 PM
If your going Factory tire be sure to check out www.servicehonda.com for prices.
Thanks
Howdy

Joel85350X
01-21-2003, 08:03 PM
I am almost positive that Kenda, Dunlop, and Ohtsu all make a 23.5" tire. Also, you can get an original replacement from honda by ordering from Service Honda online. The original part number is 44710-HA5-672AT. It is $42.95.

There is also another dune style tire that would actually be good for sand, gravel, or snow, and can be seen in Dirt Wheels magazine in one of the sune tire adds. Dirt Wheels is a good one to grab fo tires, by the way.

Remember for the front you want a light weight tire that will effectively act ad a rudder for your bike. Really knobby tires usually don't perform that well because they just weight you down and get clogged up easy. Something with semi-ribs is usually the best.

For the fenders, I would also recommend Service Honda. They have all of the plastics on your bike still available for not too bad prices. I would encourage everyone to buy the parts now before they are discontinued.

Fenders: Rear (red) $191, Front (red) $73, Tank Scoops (red) $18, Headlight housing (red) $56. The white plastics from the later year vary a few dollars, but are pretty much the same price range.

Hope this helps.

86350X
01-21-2003, 08:06 PM
Thanks, I am very happy I found this forum, I love my old trike and can't wait to bring it back to it's old glory

Mobular
01-21-2003, 09:08 PM
The Front Max is a great tire! Is affordable, and it turns NOW! Excellent gripping!

86waterpumper
01-22-2003, 01:49 PM
rob you are missing a good many differences in the 350x from 85 to 86 on that page, I'll try to get you more of them in the next couple days :P

ATCRYDER
01-22-2003, 02:22 PM
Cool, Wp ;)

Yeah I realize Im missin a bunch on that lsit. I havnt updated it in months. Ive got a whole load of differances that ive gatherd and then Mr ATC gathered. THere so many minors thing, man!!! ehh

Rob

WI 350X
01-22-2003, 03:52 PM
All '85 and '86 front and rear fenders (red and white) have been discontinued for some time now. I have seen a few "new" ones on Ebay, but not many anymore. Don't believe Service Hondas price listings for whether or not a part is discontinued. They aren't updated. More than likely they will let you order it and call you the next day to tell you its discontinued. More and more parts each month are being discontinued for all older Honda ATVs. The process is slowly starting for the TRX 250Rs aswell. Buy all you can now, or pay Ebay prices in the near future.

86350X
01-22-2003, 09:35 PM
Well, I found a good front tire, it was there all along,,,, the dunlop KT576 It is almost identical to the original Ohtsu tire except it's 1/2 inch smaller in diameter....... Is there a good place on the web to find ATC performance parts? Anywhere besides E-bay where I might find used fenders? I really want original ones,,,, If I have to get Maier, will the black mud gaurd mount to it?

Joel85350X
01-22-2003, 09:50 PM
The fender garnish (black mud guard) will not mount to the maier fenders, unfortunantly.

Glad you found a tire.

Dennis Kirk sells some performance parts, as well as a lot of other companies. It really depends on what you are looking for. James Lucky is usually ceapest and has a lot of things like handlebars, replacement brakes, replacement chains, carbs, tires, and so on. I found a new tire for my old 200X (23.5") for around $45-$50 shipped to my door. It was just like the original.

86350X
01-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Thanks,,, That sux that the maier plastic won't mount the garnish,,,, So I have to find original plastic then,,,, I want to make my trike look like the ones in the old ads,,, I am going to get all the decals and evrything,,,,, Does anyone besides maier make aftermarket plastic for these? I checked acerbis and UFO,,,,,,,, The only non stock parts I plan on installing are an exhaust ( DG krome power ), and I will jet it, and possibly a cam,,,, and I want lower profile rear tires,,,,,,, Other than that I would like to make it as original as possible, I love the way it looks in the old ads,,,,,,,,, Thanks for all the help