PDA

View Full Version : Finally finished!! ... well,..kind of!

Derrick Adams
02-23-2005, 03:03 PM
I finally have my Tri-Z to a point where i'm happy with it. It's pretty much done now.

I'm planning on adding some Progressive springs to the forks and a Works rear shock before Trikefest, as well as some new rear rims and a nice axle assembly. Once that's done, I think this baby is finished!

Some of the things I did to it on the overhaul were:

Front and Rear Axle Bearings
Handmade Swingarm Bushings
All new Carlisle Badlands tires
EBC Brakes
87 YZ 250 top-end
Replacement Rear Fenders
85-86 250R Front Fender
Shock Covers
Nacs Seat Cover
Renthal Bars
PRM rear grab bar
Custom diamond plate radiator shrouds
and a bunch of misc. stuff

r00sty
02-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Sweet job man, looks great, and I'm sure it runs as well. Never ridden a Z before, maybe at TF. One question, are the flamed boot covers on your forks, like the ones they sell on egay, for quad front shocks?? And do you have boots on under them?? I like it!!! :mad:

Derrick Adams
02-23-2005, 03:15 PM
I knew that question would come up. I had never seen it done before, it turned out pretty cool. Ok, I bought a whole kit for a Raptor. Comes with front and rear. I first installed them without the boots but they just looked too saggy, so I threw the boots on under them and they filled right out. I've gotten alot of responses on just that part of the trike.

r00sty
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Mind if I borrow the idea for my X?? :naughty:

Derrick Adams
02-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... :welcome:

r00sty
02-23-2005, 03:22 PM
I'll take that as a Harvard University yes?? :p

Jeb
02-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Awesome Derrick! Those shock covers worked great on the forks with boots underneath.

You did a good job shaping your radiator shrouds. You got a straight on side view? Machine some vent slots in them! :TrikesOwn

250RNUT
02-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Nice job,those shock pros look killer,Now your idea is going to spread like wildfire.Including me