PDA

View Full Version : wanted 200x guru.

90nut
02-22-2005, 11:50 PM
I am trying to find someone who knows alot about the 200x's (83-85's) around the northern part of Indiana. I almost refuse to take my ride to a dealer since it takes them like a month to get anything and the want to charge me 72 dollars an hour to look at it. It has some kind of electrical problem, and no one I know can figure out what the heck is the matter with it. This may seem kind of crazy but I thought it may be woth a shot. thanks guys.

chris200x
02-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Dude, I have the same exact problem with my X. No spark!!! I do not live anywhere near you but you have the right idea by starting this thread. I was lucky enough to find someone in my area that is willing to help me, from the boards so good luck to ya.

samster143
02-23-2005, 10:10 AM
What was your no spark problem Chris, and how did you fix it?

Howdy
02-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Yes, Post your location. I may not be that far from you either. ;)
Howdy

90nut
02-23-2005, 02:11 PM
I live just north of Fort Wayne. Jeswinehart I was going to meet up with you up at white star but my hours got switched at work. I will drive a while also.

chris200x
02-23-2005, 02:25 PM
What was your no spark problem Chris, and how did you fix it?

That's a good question. Wish I could answer it. I have not solved this riddle yet. Funny thing is every thread you see on 3WW about problems with the 200X I'm having or at least it seems that way. We have a multimeter on the job but have not figured out how to use that yet. There is a thread on here now with some good information but I haven't gotten around to it yet. If we figure it out I'll post and let you know.

Howdy
02-23-2005, 04:22 PM
I live just north of Fort Wayne. Jeswinehart I was going to meet up with you up at white star but my hours got switched at work. I will drive a while also.

I'm about 65 miles from Chuckie Cheeze ( in Ft Wayne ). I visit there when ever possible. If you want to calculate the distance my zip code is 45822.
Thanks
Howdy

vartiak15
02-23-2005, 05:43 PM
how far our you from oswego il 60543

90nut
02-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Really, I live like 15 minutes or so north of there. I could drive down your way or you could give a call next time you are up this way.

vartiak15
02-23-2005, 06:32 PM
u talking to me 90 nut?

brandosfiero
02-23-2005, 07:09 PM
i live about 45 minutes from fortwayne.its by defiance ohio in the very north west corner of ohio.we go to the mall sometimes and that is the biggest mall i have ever seen

90nut
02-23-2005, 10:57 PM
I would gladly come uo on the weekend of the 5th, but I asked to have the first sat. of every month off and my boss said fine but well I guess she forgot. I have to work that day unless someone will work for me. I'd like to come up and hang out/ work on the turd and if we got it to run we could ride! I am trying to get someone to cover for me so I will let you know john.

No vartiac I was talking to howdy.

Howdy
02-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Really, I live like 15 minutes or so north of there. I could drive down your way or you could give a call next time you are up this way.

Next time we head that way I will try to PM you and let you know. I am pretty sure we will be that way within the next month or so.
Howdy

Huffa
02-24-2005, 02:10 PM
I am trying to find someone who knows alot about the 200x's (83-85's) around the northern part of Indiana. I almost refuse to take my ride to a dealer since it takes them like a month to get anything and the want to charge me 72 dollars an hour to look at it. It has some kind of electrical problem, and no one I know can figure out what the heck is the matter with it. This may seem kind of crazy but I thought it may be woth a shot. thanks guys.

I'm working on the exact model now. Chris owns it. You really didn't say you didn't have spark (unless I read too fast).......just an electrical problem. Do you have any spark what so ever?

I'm coming to the conclusion it can be one of these or a mutiple of them. The coil, stator assembly, CDI or a bad ground or loose wire. Once we get this fixed I'll blast a reply. You get yours fixed 1st, make sure you let every one know what the problem was!

90nut
02-24-2005, 11:52 PM
It does have spark, but, you will kick it and it will turn over a time or two with no spark and then kick it again and hey there's spark. It dosen't seem bright enough to run but even some of the engines I have got going they still run even on the crappiest spark. My buddy says that if you are chasing a good spark you are crazy. I even went as far as to grab the plug while it was hooked up and kicked it as hard as I could and I mean I was anticipating a good shock but the thing barely even made my hand tingle. I think my 3.5 hp push mower hurts more when it shocks you! I have had my coil tested and it was fine so that rules that one out. I have an extra stator that is supposed to be good. I unplugged the kill switch so I know thats not it. Hopefully john and I will figure it out sunday. I'll let you guys know what we find out.

90nut
02-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Well John I brought it home pulled it out of the truck and guess what, it wouldn't start. So we pulled it behind the four wheeler and it ran for a while but I think it is now flooding itself out. I did temporarily "fix" the intake also. I am going to have to look into my carb issue. It kind of sputters now and acts like its getting too much gas. But hey it did run and it was great meeting you. thanks a bunch, even though we don't know what we did.