PDA

View Full Version : Lets See The Beaters!

Yamahauler
02-22-2005, 11:16 PM
post pics of your cosmetically-challenged trikes...

heres mine, other than a few rivets in the fenders, a foot-sized dint in the gas tank, this puppy is brand new, starts awesome too.

trikezilla
02-22-2005, 11:43 PM
haha..lol. Well, seeing as it is a honda, i dont think it will ever stop running....it stopped lookin perrrrty sometime ago however...LOL

hehehe...i want a ghetto trike that looks like a POS, but has a super fast motor...then them quads dudes will look real dumb and even better: feel stupid!!! :WOOT:

LonesomeTriZ
02-22-2005, 11:46 PM
That is great. I love seeing that sort of thing. I have Tri Z I biult out of junk parts. What it lacks in apperance it more that makes up for in performance. ;)

ScottZJ
02-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Well here is my 250sx I got and then later fixed it up to be a much nicer trike. The last pic is the new project that I have bought. Now I have a Big red that is needing some assistance.

400ccHomemade
02-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Here's my homebuilt beater. I beat the crap outta this thing, and it takes it with a smile.

Howdy
02-23-2005, 09:32 AM
I know you said "Trikes", but I have to mention our machine ( it does have a 86 125m motor in it ). Anyway, our 1988 TRX125 quad has got to be the most beat to death, jury rigged, funny looking machine I know of. We call it "The Wrecker" for obvious reasons. When we got it ( over 10 years ago ) the guy told us it was time to junk it. We though NO WAY!! We had a motor kicking around and put it into the chassis. It may look trashed but the motor is one dependable running monster. It will pull a car trailer around with no problem as long as the tires get traction. It leaks and burns oil quite a bit ( ok, a lot!! ), but it just keeps on going. When ever it needs fixed we fix it using nothing but 100% used parts. The only NEW stuff we have used on it is Oil, Gas, and 4-5 spark plugs. It's funny because 5 years ago I bought 2 new oil filters for it. They are on the shelf still in the wrapper. I will install one as soon as we change the oil. Being as it burns most of a quart of oil during a full days riding, it always has fresh oil in it, so we don't see the need to change it yet. lol

Last year at Trikefest the bead on the right front tire came loose and slipped over the rim. The tube kept the tire inflated and so it was still rideable. We even rode it back home ( daily ) for 2 months or so like that. We only chaged the tires to take it to the Badlands.

Notice there isn't a single crack in the fenders. They are the same as when we got it. lmao

This is proof you Can't kill a Honda.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/sQuads008xthewrecker.jpg

Howdy

bigredhead
02-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Boy Howdy that's one messed up machine... LOL... oh man.

chris200x
02-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Howdy, wtf is that thing? I wanted to ask one of you guys how come some pics won't come up and others will when you search in that little area with your mouse pointer? I can't get enough of posts like this. I wish I had a pic of one of my freinds old big red to show you guys. It was not very eye appealing if you know what I mean but the thing ran like a champ!

Pistonhead
02-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Heres my 82 and 83 big reds, both a little bit cosmetically challenged, but I'm re-doing the 82 as of now, they both run great.

Lots_Of_Nothing
02-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh man,, these right here bring back some memories... about 4-5 years back, this is the third trike I ever owned, for some odd reason I went apeshit over it and had to have it. $50 for the bike. and about $95 later it was running. Then the money just dumped into it, new everything basically, then I had to kill the money pit.. Parted it out and made about 3 grand. I had no digital camera at that time, only film, so these are digital pictures of real pictures, so bear with me, LOL. (No scanner). I had some pics of it after I got done with it also, no idea where they are right now,, Once I find them I'll post them up.

A couple explanations.. 85' R seat, 85 front rim/hub with the forks turned to make it leading axle, bent everything, car intake hose cobbed onto the carb with a nylon over the end (top of the line airfilter that came on it), and not one single brake part. . A couple of the pictures it is running, it was after I rebuilt it (figured I would get it running and see if it was worthy)

http://img223.exs.cx/img223/3247/r17vq.jpg
http://img223.exs.cx/img223/749/r23lf.jpg
http://img223.exs.cx/img223/5038/r37sw.jpg
http://img223.exs.cx/img223/584/r49ro.jpg

raptor
02-23-2005, 03:42 PM
look at the cat sat on the wheel! :D

Tri-ZNate
02-23-2005, 06:34 PM
here is my awesome looking SX (except for cracks in the rear fenders, two cracks in the front fender that are going to meet in the future if I dont fix 'er, I need to fix the rear light, the paint job need a good power washing to take it off, and my right hand brake lever needs to be brought back up (due to a roll on the ice beacause of a weak spot I found. I was doing so well, 6 months without a roll, and I need to fix the rear light). Kinda broke a little on the last poker run.). oh and the seat has a customized rip. :naughty:

hondagrant
02-24-2005, 06:35 AM
Heres my 200es its looking a little better these days..