PDA

View Full Version : ytm 225dr carb problems

hack9501
02-22-2005, 01:02 PM
yea i just bought a ytm 225dr it sat 2 years so i cleaned the carb put back on didnt start (not gettin gas) so i sparyed starting fluid in it started took off.try to blow in the in line completey blocked any one no the best way to get unclogged? and any one know the stock spark plug specs (gap brand spark plug)? thanks in advance

footer
02-22-2005, 06:03 PM
I have the same problem with my 200x but I have already taken the carb apart and dipped it in chem-dip. I blew air through all the jets and the fuel intake. This makes me think its not clogged. Maybe the jet is too tight??? if possible, I have no idea but it sounds like we have the same problem.

footer
02-22-2005, 10:49 PM
my float was in upside down. you may want to check and see if yours is in right. I hate it when the little things get ya. it makes you feel dumb!!

TheOlderFox
02-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Pull the bowl off the carb and remove the float and needle valve. Try to blow air into the gas line again. If air still won't pass remove the needle valve seat from the carb body and let everything sit in carb cleaner overnight to soften things up. Then try to blow air again. The higher the pressure the better. I had to do this on an old motorcycle carb that I think a spider or other insect got into and made a little plug. Took some time, but it came out. I think I had to use a wire as well to poke it out.

hack9501
02-24-2005, 05:33 PM
yea i took the float out pulled the seat blew air threw its clean so i pull the needle the seat is clogged i have it soaken what woul be the best way to un clog??