PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the honda 350x

ENASNI TILLER
02-22-2005, 01:11 AM
What years were they made? What changes were made year to year? Are parts still in production? Are aftermarket parts still in production/available?

I'm picking one up this spring and just had a few questions.

:beer

Dammit!
02-22-2005, 01:21 AM
1985 and 1986 only. Most noticable differences were just cosmetic (different color plastics) although I think they strengthened the frame in a couple places on the 1986 model as well. Someone else will confirm or deny that.

350x'inNY
02-22-2005, 01:31 AM
In all I think someone at one point listed 70+ differences between the 85 and 86 350X's. I know we have listed most here in the past in different threads. Was looking at r00sty's 86 350X and found another one... the header pipes are different. 86 has an added gromment post for the heat shield.

Bruce

HRC1
02-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Parts availability is getting scarce, oem parts at least, but you can buy almost anything you need off ebay. Best thing to do is find one in the best shape you can, and afford to start with. I put off getting one for the longest time then got lucky and found one that was about as mint as i could ask for. It basically needs nothing, then i got another one and it needs quite a bit, so i'm searching for a stock tank thats good, stock seat and fenders, etc, but mechanically, almost all of it can be sourced from ebay if something isnt in the greatest of shape. Happy hunting!