PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Tag T2's on a trike?

Dynofox
02-21-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm in the process of looking at new bars for my 250r and am looking at tag T2's (cr hi bend) along with the universal mounting kit needed for 1 1/8 bars. Anyone running this set-up or something like it (other fat bars)?

Red Rider
02-22-2005, 02:53 AM
Dyno, I put a set of Magura Bulge Bars, EX bend, on my R about 9 months ago, and I absolutely love them. I was a little skeptical about their dimensions at first, because I was worried they wouldn't feel right after 18 years of using the stockers. These have slightly more height & pullback compared to the CR bends, but not nearly the same as the stockers. Being 6' 4" tall, the decreased pull back gave me more room on the bike. I wasn't too wild about using the fatbar adapter clamps, so I cut the stock handlebar clamps off & had some fatbar clamps welded onto my top triple clamp. A lot of grinding, sanding, & polishing later, and BOOYAA!

Dynofox
02-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Those look really nice! I was going to get gold bars and use blue grips and a red center pad, should look pretty sweet with the OEM colors.

OldSchoolin86
02-22-2005, 03:43 PM
I've got a TAG CR high bend fat kit for my trike project. I always like a little higher bend. Let me tell ya, the T2's take a beating.

Dynofox
02-22-2005, 10:22 PM
I just bought the Tag T2 kit (bars, pad and mounting brackets) from dennis kirk. Ended up going with the gold mini hi bend since they were on closeout, bought the whole deal for $90 vs almost $150.