PDA

View Full Version : Need source info for...

DixiePlowboy
01-20-2003, 09:36 PM
I need a quality set of red fork boots for an '85 R. I've seen the ones on E-bay, but I'd like a set that doesn't require hose clamps at the bottom. Does anyone offer a red set that attaches to the lower fork leg like the factory ones do?

BIGKAHUNA
01-20-2003, 09:56 PM
I think the ones in Dennis Kirk are similar to the ones on ebay plowboy. I had the Dennis Kirk ones on my last R and the color (blue) wasnt exactly the same and they didnt seems heavy duty as the stock ones I have seen. The only stock ones I have found are at Cal-Atv and are $51 friggin dollas and only come in blue. I am also interested in finding some good fork boots so maybe some of our resident restoration experts will be able to help out.

Mobular
01-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Go to your local auto/truck parts store and buy some Trailmaster(tm) offroad shock boots. Many colors to choose from and muuuuch cheaper than other replacements.

Mike Fort Laud
01-20-2003, 10:44 PM
I have the aftermarket blue fork boots on my bike and used blue tie wraps at the bottom. The tie wrap will fit in the groove in the fork leg that the stock boots fit into. Yes they make red tie wraps.