PDA

View Full Version : Alternate R color scheme opinions please( now with pic)

DixiePlowboy
01-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Finally!
Please forgive the amatureish artwork. I'm considering setting up my '85 like this.
Would I be stoned to death at Haspin if I show up with this unholy creation? :D

kimmer250r
01-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Looks like a pretty sweet set up. I like it.

Tweeked
01-20-2003, 10:42 PM
Sweet dude, I say Go for it. Or if you want to be creative just go for a new desing in the colors and create a wicked looking trike.

-Mike

Da_Catt
01-20-2003, 11:20 PM
yeah it looks good. but what about having the headlight and front fender white. so the front of the bike would be white and the back would be red. It is kinda like my 200x will be, red in the front and white in the rear, with flames and red frame.

DixiePlowboy
01-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Da_Catt,
I just did that very thing. My wife even like this one.

DixiePlowboy
01-20-2003, 11:36 PM
I've done about a dozen combinations, and I think I like that last one the best. In these pics I'm just concentrating on the most noticeable body parts, but the details would be taken care of, too.
I only wish there was some way of making a stock tank durably paintable, because now I'd have to buy a white tank. I'm not too fond of those large capacity tanks myself. Is there any standard capacity tanks available in white?

ATC crazy
01-21-2003, 02:40 PM
That looks great, send us some pics when its finished.

OldSchoolin86
01-21-2003, 08:22 PM
That looks great! I'd love to do the same thing but white to black.

atc86r
01-21-2003, 08:50 PM
i was gonna go chrome frame with blue plastic then i decided black plastic. i think i'm gonna just get new oem plastic. hopefully it will look good on chrome. good luck with your colors mines driving me crazy.

DixiePlowboy
01-21-2003, 09:49 PM
I appreciate all the opinions and positive feedback. I'm picking up the R this weekend, so I'm pretty anxious to get this underway. I'll have to address some of the machine's needs(axle bearings/rear sprocket/chain/fork seals) before I get to the good part. While the weather's cold, I'll gather cosmetic and performance parts.
Before I'm done, I plan on the color scheme pictured with the following parts/modifications:

Dura Blue Eliminator 2+2 axle
polished wheels
Paul Turner porting/headwork for mid-top end
Paul Turner Hi Rev pipe/Fatboy silencer
big carb
some sort of reedcage/intake(whatever Paul says)
twist throttle
high flow air filter

Y'all can probably tell that I'm a Paul Turner fan. :)
I can't help it..I was a Team Honda/Marty Hart fan, too. I've rode(should've bought)a Team Honda practice R back in '86. No serial number!
Paul Turner built, short track tank, Ohtsu H-Track flat tracks 'n all. It was
fast. :twisted:

skippy
01-22-2003, 08:47 PM
looks along the lines of the "great 87" r...