PDA

View Full Version : Still Cant Get 185sx To Run!!!

83185s
02-16-2005, 09:47 PM
well it still has no spark!! im gettin pretty mad here..no spark = no riding = pissed off 16 yr old..lol..anyway..it still has no spark..i took the flywheel off and cleaned it all..its shiny inside now..even that didnt work..magnets and spacers are all there..even went to a smaller spark plug!! i put the 200x coil on it and a new stator coil..used my old 185s cdi box since it still worked when i took it off.thinkin maybe it has something to do with it..well nothing..i cant figure it out at all! the only thing i can think of is puttin the 185 top end back on to see what happens..i really dont know whats going on here..its got good compression i believe..no air leak anymore..i fixed it..and its getting gas..even if it wasnt i still sprayed some ether in there to see what happens..it doesnt have a spark its got to be in the switch or wiring harness somewhere..but i cant find it..its all hooked up right..i just dont know what to do..someone help me please!!! :TrikesOwn besides mine :mad:

trikezilla
02-17-2005, 06:16 PM
The switch in your "kill switch" box isnt stuck in the off postion is it?? I DONT mean, the button you push pr slide with your thumb....i mean: are the contacts sticking together internally??

Or: do you have ALL your wires connected to the right connections?? id bet a machine that old has had a hand mess with the electrical connections more than once.

83185s
02-18-2005, 12:05 AM
everything is hooked up in the right connection and the on/off "kill" switch is just fine..took it apart to find out today..again..lol...my friend came down and he said that my coil wires were in the wrong spot..they have been there the hole time and it worked..i dunno how it would do that but he said the green is the ground and the black/yellow striped is the hot wire..and ive got them on the opposite sides..thats what he says..but its worked all this time and nothing wrong...he also told me to change the friction plate in the pulse rotor assembly on the top end..since i have 2 others i gave it a go..but i wasnt expecting him to tell me what was wrong with it and i changed the tires from the 185 to the 200x to make it roll..lol..i also found out i need the bottom half of the wiring harness for the 200x..i was wondering y its short....anyway..i put all that stuff on and i havnt changed my coil wires yet..too busy with my gas tank..and the wind was freezing..so i stayed in the garage..i am going to change the tires back saturday..i gotta work 2 morrow... i hope someone can tell me if hes right on this..thanks for checkin up tho trikezilla..its all right besides those 2 coil wires from what he says

HaggLE
02-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Have you been consulting this:

http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/Wiring/ATC185x185Sx200x200Sx80Thru84.jpg

83185s
02-19-2005, 12:54 AM
doesnt make sense to me..and i cant see the wire color letters to figure out what they are..no clue how to download and resize either..i think my friend is right..thats y its no trunnin is because the 2 coil wires are backwards

83185s
02-19-2005, 12:55 AM
ah i got it now..that was actually easy! lol..right click and save as then open the file and bam! lol

leprogle
02-19-2005, 11:35 PM
When I put my running 185 motor into my x frame, it wouldn't run, and it was because a wire pulled out of a connector(the one coming from the bottom end), check all trailprotrailpro wires, and check your cdi box with a voltmeter, it tells how in a clymer manual

83185s
02-20-2005, 04:20 PM
well..the engine technically is still on the 185..its got the complete x top end tho..and all my wires are connected..i made sure on that..i also dont have a manual for it..so could u post a pic or tell me how to test the cdi box? ive got a multimeter :)

83185s
02-23-2005, 12:17 AM
well for some odd reason im still not getting a spark..i put a brand new stator coil in..my sparker coil for the 200x on and an old but still good cdi box..also i replaced the the friction plate and pulse coil on the cdi on the top of the engine..all the wires are correct also..somethings not workin out very good

Howdy
02-23-2005, 10:51 AM
well..the engine technically is still on the 185..its got the complete x top end tho..and all my wires are connected..i made sure on that..i also dont have a manual for it..so could u post a pic or tell me how to test the cdi box? ive got a multimeter :)

I just posted the info in this thread:
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=31701

Howdy

83185s
02-23-2005, 11:00 PM
thanks howdy!