PDA

View Full Version : 250 sx baffle

straight pipe
02-16-2005, 12:07 AM
i removed the spark arrestor today. now i have a huge mouth opening. if i look inside the muffler i can see another baffle....should i remove that one as well? or have i gained enough flow by removing the arrestor. i fired it up and it sounds real good the way it is. i fear that if i remove the inner baffle it may get too loud.but if the performance gain is huge by chucking it i just may.

Dirtcrasher
02-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Well for that matter why not just cut the whole silencer right off and run it with no air box, then the air will fly through there like helium. WHOOSH......

J/K - Buy the right pipe and jet it for some gains other than the ones your ears are fooling you with.

ScottZJ
02-16-2005, 10:25 PM
I cut me a piece of alum about the same size as the hole. Then go to an auto store and get that muffler repair stuff(liquid form). Roll it around together to get it to a soft puddy. Then put it around the hole area and put the plate you cut on it and smash it down tight. Hold it there for a few mins or wrap a strap around it to hold it tight. Once it drys, it will totally seal when it gets heated up..........peace

straight pipe
02-16-2005, 11:33 PM
ok i got pics...i'll try this out before going further

Tri-ZNate
02-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Taking the spark arrestor off does just fine. If you want it louder cut out the baffle. Just go around the outside of pipe till the cyclinder is free. My friend on his 250 suzuki can actually keep up with me ever since he cut his out but the lack of the spark arrestor gives the same effect. I did it to all my SXs too but I also run with no air box covers so it makes the sound and performance a little better.

Tri-ZNate
02-17-2005, 12:01 AM
do you like the deep tone the exaust makes now?

straight pipe
02-17-2005, 01:06 AM
i repainted my tank today"white" so i only could run it till the carb ran out of gas. but i liked what i heard .....ba ba ba ba ba ba ba...COOL!!!