PDA

View Full Version : did some powdercoating today

Quickonstep
02-15-2005, 04:01 AM
heres a before and a after pic.. just did the case saver, candy purple.

Jesse

Before
http://home.comcast.net/~kottonmouthkings1979/csbefore.jpg

After
http://home.comcast.net/~kottonmouthkings1979/csafter.jpg

kilabeez0
02-15-2005, 08:21 AM
where did u learn how to powdercoat?

twgranger
02-15-2005, 09:24 AM
I bet the whole frame would look sweet like that.

raptor
02-15-2005, 02:13 PM
are you doing big powdercoating or only small parts? looks good and i like the colour.

Quickonstep
02-15-2005, 03:43 PM
yea the frame is next uNF hehawhaha... i think itll look sweet all done up. thats a 2 part coating there.. the chrome is shot first, then covered with translucent purple, to give it that *candy* effect.

Jesse

kilabeez0
02-15-2005, 08:33 PM

??????????????

MTS
02-15-2005, 08:36 PM
all you need to know on poweder coating you can finde on google...., looks good jess :D

Quickonstep
02-15-2005, 09:37 PM

well, i learned by trial and error... i took the plunge, bought the equiptment, and went to town. It did NOT come over night, expecially with the 2 stage powders. You have to know when they are heated enough to shoot the next color on, and where to shoot first blahblahblah..

If you would like a setup you can get one here

www.eastwood.com I use there HOTCOAT PRO system, but started with the standard hotcoat gun.. both are great, just the pro system is SO much easier to change powders.. i can do it with the pro system in about 1 minute as opposed to nearly 10 minutes with the standard gun.. but of course, with that your going to pay alot more.

Another thing that will greatly effect the overall look of the part is the type of powder you use. There a few different kinds, and most of the time they are NOT compatable with each other. So you have reactions.. I have found a supplier tho, that provides top quailty powders for a very resonable price. I used to use eastwoods powders until i found the place i use now, and i purchase exclusivly from them now. Sorry i cannot post a link to the place, i had to find the place on my own, and spend a ton of money to finally find powders i like, but it is out there and is one of the top suppliers for powders.

If you would like to know specifics, you can search www.google.com

Jesse

trikezilla
02-15-2005, 09:52 PM
I would really like to get into that....Right now i am looking into a class at he local college...or i am gonna see if my friend at the local body shop will teach me!!

kilabeez0
02-15-2005, 10:13 PM
all you need to know on poweder coating you can finde on google...., looks good jess :D

no you cant. well not quickly at least. i already looked, and i was asking HIM how he learned.