PDA

View Full Version : Honda & Yamaha front fenders

Huffa
02-14-2005, 07:08 AM
I noticed that the Yamaha front fender on my 225 just has a bolt (4) going thru it to lower clamp. What a chinsy way to mount a fender! The Hondas have a rubber bushing in fender hole THEN a "top hat" collar going thru that. If you hit something there is much less stress on the Honda fender as your not actually putting any pressure on the fender when tightning the bolt.

The Yamaha puts direct pressure on the fender.

Just thought I'd point that out and why Honda rules on attention to detail.

Don't understand? Go here to check them out.

http://www.windowshopnepa.com/findpartsfor/honda/atv-atc-parts.htm

Derrick Adams
02-14-2005, 09:02 AM
That's because Honda used a much harder plastic, which was prone to breakage. Yamaha didn't have to do a "band-aid" fix and install rubbers, they just made the plastic more flexable in the first place.

How many Yamaha's have you seen with broken plastic compared to Hondas?

twgranger
02-14-2005, 09:27 AM
That's because Honda used a much harder plastic, which was prone to breakage. Yamaha didn't have to do a "band-aid" fix and install rubbers, they just made the plastic more flexable in the first place.

Not many. :cool:

Huffa
02-14-2005, 04:04 PM

Thats total bull your handing me. Honda has been using that set up for years on all there off road machines. It IS a much better set up. The plastic is no harder then anyone elses.

Depending on the impact, any set up can break but the Honda set up isolates the fender from the triple clamp, the Yamaha does not.

"Harder plastic", "band aid fix".........nice try :D but your wrong!

Darius1502
02-14-2005, 04:08 PM
I can tell you that in the 80's Honda was much better. No comparison in finish and attention to detail between the Z and R.

Honda wins.

seadoo650
02-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Honda plastic is more rigid. I just got to compare my 350x front fender to derricks. tri-z front fender and the yammi's is mo flexible. NO BULL. I'd say 6 of one half dozen of the other.

Huffa
02-14-2005, 04:30 PM
I take back what I said about the harder plastic. The honda is harder or more ridgid or thicker but what ever the case may be I still like the isolated set up better.

I have the H200S & Y225 in my garage. They are BOTH cracked at the mounts.

twgranger
02-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Are you putting them on with a impact??

Derrick Adams
02-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Even if that was the case, it should snap the bolt, since their only threaded half way.

Huffa
02-15-2005, 06:00 AM
Are you putting them on with a impact??

Let me clarify. I Just got both machines recently. I did not crack them.

........and no impact.

I'll bet I could modify the Yamaha fender though to except Honda mounts if I wanted to.