PDA

View Full Version : 225 broken (spinning) peg mount nut

Huffa
02-13-2005, 06:30 PM
:cry: Anyone have any idea how I can repair this. The L & R front ones spin feely inside the mount.

Only possible way I can think of is to have the mount cut off, then have the nut rewelded onto it and then welded back on.

I certainly don't want to drill right thru the frame and put a longer bolt thru to the other side of tubing with nut on so my thoughts are what I said above is my one and only option. I really hope I'm wrong though and someone can think of a easier way.

hrc85250r
02-13-2005, 07:52 PM
well....you could take a die grinder and cut a little wedge out of the a corner of the whole, then get a bolt in the nut pull on it and tack weld the bolt in where you cut the wedge out, after that unthread the bolt out and run a tap through it to make sure you get any slag or little welds out of there...then you should be fine...grind the weld off if there is too much and hit it with some black paint....

200xman
02-13-2005, 07:56 PM
You could try dimpling the housing in with a punch. those nuts are usually square so if you dent it in a little it should be good enough to tighten them up.