PDA

View Full Version : Anodizing Aluminium

88 Turbo Coupe
02-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Anyone here do anodizing? I'm almost done with rebuilding a Fox shock. The resovoir has faded badly. Need it anodized red. I'd rather pay somone on this board to do a quality job. Thanks

Orangecnty250r
02-13-2005, 09:17 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I know some people on this board don't like gold wheels but I like them on a red 250R. For an extra set for roosting purposes i would love to have a pair of 10" ITPs anodized gold with a set of low profiles on it. Not to beat up the mint factories.

Quickonstep
02-13-2005, 02:59 PM
anodizing is tough.. you can find articles on the net on how to do it.. but its one of those things that if you do it wrong, you will destroy the part

Jesse

Kaysen
02-13-2005, 10:52 PM
If you screw the anodizing up, just strip it off and then start over. I stripped the gold off a front wheel for my 250 using regular household lye and cold tap water. Kaysen

Meat-BoX
02-14-2005, 12:07 AM
This is where I had my Tecate done. They did a mint job and its no backyard operation. They can do anything you want and dont bother with thier price list, its for Harlelys mostly. I saw both of you are in the NY area and these guys are around the Utica area. I noticed a few bikes there with anodized parts so I think they do it there, if not they know where. For a small part like that cant cost much. Go to this website and check it out, and give em a call they are real cool. I had my whole Tecate Acid Dipped, Glass beaded, Polished and Powder coated custom colors for $500 I want to Anodize a few more parts on my bike allso. :beer

WWW.SUMAX.COM :w00t:

88 Turbo Coupe
02-14-2005, 06:05 PM
I already call a while back Sumax. They havent done anodizing for 10 years.