PDA

View Full Version : I am fed up with it

90nut
02-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Well my 200x is now dead in the water. It has a new 12:1 piston in it and all new gaskets. It is getting gas, has spark, and compression. The timing is correct and the thing dosent even sound like it is firing at all. I am at a loss on this thing. I may go get some race gas if I have to. I will try it and if it runs I will have to run it on race gas.

Huffa
02-12-2005, 06:54 PM
How do you know it's getting gas? Is the spark plug wet or your just saying the carb is getting gas?

shudup
02-12-2005, 07:21 PM
it should run on normal pump at least to start

I know it took quite a few kickes the first time after my tare down
and mine is prety sensitive about the choke

90nut
02-12-2005, 07:41 PM
The plug is wet when I take it out. It ran the other day and I let my friend take it for a spin and while he was riding it it died. Don't know if it sputtered then died like a lack of fuel of just shut off like it didn't get spark. It has spark now though. Anybody know off hand what groove the needle clip should be at?

HaggLE
02-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Needle clip will vary depending on the machine, there is no real spot for it other than start in the middle and work from there. Try pushing it to start it. Once its going, warm it up and then start to tune it. Also when you are starting it, hold the throttle just over idle. This is the best way to get it to start. Try choke on and choke off.

threewheelin-feelin
02-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Well my 200x is now dead in the water. It has a new 12:1 piston in it and all new gaskets. It is getting gas, has spark, and compression. The timing is correct and the thing dosent even sound like it is firing at all. I am at a loss on this thing. I may go get some race gas if I have to. I will try it and if it runs I will have to run it on race gas.
dude the same thing is happening to my 200s....it has gas fire....and compression and it still isnt running.....i know it is only making 110 psi of compression but everyone says it should run.....i cant figure it out :wondering :cry: :rolleyes:

90nut
02-13-2005, 12:04 AM
well I went outside and started ruling out parts that could be the problem. I unplugged the kill switch, the engine is getting fuel, but I think that the spark I am getting is insufficient. It is blue but not much of it and it is kind of jumping around on the plug and it is also sometimes not sparking at all. And yes it is a new plug, I tried two different ones.

TimSr
02-13-2005, 02:38 AM
It takes about 30 seconds to foul a plug, and after that ist not new. If its jumping anywhere but across the gap, it means the insulater is conducting, and thats your first problem. Put a clean plug in it.

hondagrant
02-13-2005, 06:03 AM
Check the stator with a multimeter for resistance,my 200x had similar problems and i ended up having to get my stator rewound.

Savage99
02-13-2005, 06:16 AM
I had the same issue as you recently...changed spark plug wire as a precaution and bought a bunch of new spark plus, even dropped a number on the plug (hotter plug, I believe)...I don't think I had spark problems though, I think I was just chasing my tail but it's always good to have a known reliable plug and wire. My problem ended up being fuel related. I rebiult the carb. new jets, set the float, everything to specs and now she is running at least.

Mark.

bigredhead
02-13-2005, 10:05 AM
I had the same issue as you recently... My problem ended up being fuel related. I rebiult the carb. new jets, set the float, everything to specs and now she is running at least.

Mark.

^^^

That's my guess. It's in-sane what a few granuals of sand will do to a carb.. We had 1/2 the engine apart on my big red chasing problems, until we poured a few drops of gas in the cylinder put the plug back in and vroom put put .blah.... proceeded to meticulously clean the carb out and BAM.

If you've done a bunch of work on the engine was the carb removed from the frame and layed sideways??? on any dirty surfaces ?

good luck... but keep at it .

90nut
02-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Well at first I thought it was fuel related but I put a couple dribbles of gas in the cylinder and nothing. When I looked for spark and it was jumping around that was with a brand new straight from the box on to the plug wire. I am going to test my statro today or tomorrow. So I will know if that is the problem or not.

90nut
02-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Well I tested my coil today and it was fine. I took the spark advance off and cleaned it up a little and it seemed to spark a little better. But, I took the plug in my hand while it was hooked to the plug wire and kicked, I could feel it but it didn't hurt at all, I kicked it as hard as I could but I swear a Briggs 3 horse will shock me more than that one did. Any ideas or all of the 200x's like that?

busy44
02-14-2005, 10:02 PM
I thought i was the only crazy one to hold the plug to see if it shocked and it did like you said just alittle blue spark put it in my 250sx and it fired up. So don't let that discourage you. Get a manual or use search feature on this site

crackshot
02-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Well I tested my coil today and it was fine. I took the spark advance off and cleaned it up a little and it seemed to spark a little better. But, I took the plug in my hand while it was hooked to the plug wire and kicked, I could feel it but it didn't hurt at all, I kicked it as hard as I could but I swear a Briggs 3 horse will shock me more than that one did. Any ideas or all of the 200x's like that?

You are supposed to have a helper handy for that.
"Here, hold this for me for a second".
If they yalp, jump around and scream, you have spark.