PDA

View Full Version : Maier Mfg question..."Yes or No" answer

trikezilla
02-11-2005, 06:21 PM
I have a 83 R with brand new plastic...the only problem is that the black stickers on the rear fenders are shot already....I guess my littler brother though it would be cool to put his collection of stickers on the black sticker part. I peeled the black stickers off..not on purpose-you see they peeled off w/ the bumper stickers :( :( :(

MY QUESTION: Does Maier or another company make those black stickers??
If anther company does who is it??

:TrikesOwn :Bounce :Bounce

md1985250r
02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
yes http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4526647977&category=43972

Wickedfinger
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Yes.
Maiers fenders actually come with them on them - I would contact them via a phone call and ask them if they will ship you some. You might try telling them that you bought one of their fenders and they came messed up or defective in some way - they might send them to you for free. In any event, I remember seeing them for sale somewhere ....... I can't remember though.

sportvette
02-12-2005, 12:15 AM
maier sells them. i purchased a set a year ago. i dont think you will be able to get them for free.

RichinMO
02-12-2005, 12:24 AM
just buy some black number plate backing and cut out your own. That way when they get screwed up, you can make some more.

ric
02-12-2005, 12:50 AM
I contacted Maier a while back and they said they don't sell the blackouts seperately, at least that is what I was told, but if you have OE plastic the maier blackouts are probably a different shape anyway.
X system has the blackouts but I think only for the 3rd generation 250rs and with OE plastics.