PDA

View Full Version : _please be nice_

Milkman
02-10-2005, 07:11 PM
please be nice and send me a pic or schematic of a 83 250r rear suspension..i got mine in piueces and the bolts arnet lining up right so im wondering if i have put it together incorectly..thanks

02blzrx
02-10-2005, 07:13 PM
More people are interested in telling you what you are doing wrong. People loving telling other people why they are wrong. With that said, you would probably get more help if you posted pics up of the areas giving you trouble.

jeswinehart
02-10-2005, 07:20 PM
if you pm me your address i'll take my manual to work and copy out the pages you need and mail them to you. i could scan + post but i think there are sevral pages you would be interested in to read and have on hand as hard copys to take out in the garage with you ,,,

thanks ,,,, john

Billy Golightly
02-10-2005, 07:38 PM
www.bikebandit.com
www.partsfish.com

Both have part breakdowns that should help..

350x'inNY
02-10-2005, 10:00 PM
More people are interested in telling you what you are doing wrong. People loving telling other people why they are wrong. With that said, you would probably get more help if you posted pics up of the areas giving you trouble.

Huh? What smoke you been crackin'?? Let me fire up the scanner... I just got a 81/82/83R Parts manual in the mail just yesterday! I'll scan the rear swinger, shock, and frame schematics....

Bruce

02blzrx
02-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I have found most people are quicker to comment on how things are wrong then give pats on the back.
My first love is sportrucks, So I will give an example on that. Some guy could have the nicest truck but have for example, a 2link rear suspension. Everyone will not say dude, nice paintjob, Love the rims. they will say I would have done a 4-link. See what Im saying.

So often (and it works well) when I have a question I address it like, "Whats wrong with this" that way I get lots of answers. :beer

350x'inNY
02-10-2005, 11:21 PM
OOOooooo.... K. :rolleyes: If you got nothing to add, please save the bandwidth! :D Maybe Dr Phil would pencil you in? hahaha

Anyhow... here are the scans for the person that asked for them. Good luck man!

Bruce

Milkman
02-10-2005, 11:37 PM
thanks for all the HELPFUL things you guys said some not so helpful..but im grateful for evertything..i ll try the websites first and the grfeat pics 350x sent..thanks for the help

350x'inNY
02-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Click on the thumbnails... these'll be much clearer and larger than the ones you find online.

You're welcome! I try to help out those that seek it!

Bruce

Mr. Sandman
02-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I have found most people are quicker to comment on how things are wrong then give pats on the back.
My first love is sportrucks, So I will give an example on that. Some guy could have the nicest truck but have for example, a 2link rear suspension. Everyone will not say dude, nice paintjob, Love the rims. they will say I would have done a 4-link. See what Im saying. So often (and it works well) when I have a question I address it like, "Whats wrong with this" that way I get lots of answers. :beer
That's life, opinions are like a-holes, everybody's got one! :p

Milkman
02-12-2005, 03:45 AM
so i looked at all the pics and im still coming up blank..this i swhere i have my problem..there is this engine bracket that hooks up into the suspension..everytime it ry to hook it up the bolts dont match or im going through the worng holes..its hard to explain..ive been looking for a close up pf someones 250 suspension..a pic right above teh shock so i can see how the frame engine and shock are all set up through that bracket..thanks

Milkman
02-12-2005, 03:46 AM
oh yah i would show you guys a pic of what im talking about but dont got a camera..just to clear that up..yha im a loser..and i like it

Huffa
02-12-2005, 08:41 AM
so i looked at all the pics and im still coming up blank..this i swhere i have my problem..there is this engine bracket that hooks up into the suspension..everytime it ry to hook it up the bolts dont match or im going through the worng holes..its hard to explain..ive been looking for a close up pf someones 250 suspension..a pic right above teh shock so i can see how the frame engine and shock are all set up through that bracket..thanks

Milkman
I don't have a 250 but could only imagine it could be 1 of 3 things. 1st let me describe the parts I think you are referring to. Also I'm guessing it's set up very simular to all pro-link designed suspensions.

1) "engine bracket that hooks up into suspension" - you must be referring to the "U" shaped dog bone that goes from rear bottom of frame to ........#2 (next part)

2) Rocker assembly - that's the triangular part that the dog bone hooks on to .

How it connects on most is:

1) the shock connects to the front lower hole of RA

2) the solid (if it is solid?) closed end of dogbone connects to frame portion and then the fork part of it passes around the shock on each side and connects to the rear lower holes of RA

3) the top rocker assembly hole connects to the swingarm mount

Either you have:

a) the dog bone reversed and the top should be the bottom (if it makes a difference on your model that is)

b) the rocker assembly rotated wrong or flipped around the wrong way

c) or a combination of both

Any of the 3 and you surely wont get the bolts to line up

BLAZERONE22
02-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Keep in mind that bracket will twist a little out of wack its not a solid piece, set it on a flat surface and see if its true. My camera hates closeups so this is the best one I have.

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B456323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2324%3D589%3D656%3Dx roqdf%3E23234%3A6398%3A6%3Bot1lsi

Milkman
02-15-2005, 10:42 AM
hey that pic was so perfect..i could cry..that was exactly what i was looking for..thnks alot