PDA

View Full Version : Would it be so hard to do ???

bigredhead
02-10-2005, 03:34 PM
My sx has a really bad pipe.. actually it's good until it exists the frame but the expanded part with the core is totally rusted out.

My neighbor owns a sheet metal shop, has access to sheet stainless steel, in whatever thickness.. tig, mig, flux core, etc.. welders, pipe bender etc...

Would it be a bad idea to try and make one based on the original desing? Any improvments one could make over original ? etc... materials to use instead of stainless ? ( would be heavy... )

anyone ?

hrc85250r
02-11-2005, 11:23 AM
should be pretty easy, just follow the original design exactly, and use the baffle system out of your current muffler...stainless is good, just use thin sheet metal like 22 ga. or maybe little bigger idk, use some common sense and follow the original as close as possible and you should have a sweet pipe....

p.s. dont use a pipe bender, use a mandrel tubing bender or you will kink the crap out of your stainless tubing and it will look and work crappy...

bigredhead
02-11-2005, 11:51 AM
I was talking to him about it last night.. he was taling about making a cover for it, keeping the original, but covering it in new metal.... ( i'm not too crazy about this, adds twice the weight , and leaves a rusted p.o.s still attached to my ride.

The baffle is loose in there right now, and just jumps around, so i'll have to cut it open and figure that out somehow. should it covered in packing ? or is that a 2 storke thing ?

Oldshell4481
02-11-2005, 11:55 AM
i had the same problem but all i did was take some car exhaust tubing and weld it on there, it seems fine.