PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Moto 175 Reed Valve ??'s

bigtrailie
02-08-2005, 01:59 PM
This is my first 2-stroke. Anyone out there have experience with the reed valve assembly on these trikes? I checked out this parts breakdown http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/showschematic~dept_id~644219.asp

Unfortunately, my motor doesn't seem like this. There doesn't seem to be a reed valve assembly between the cylinder and the intake manifold (#6 on the schematic). If I reach my finger into the cylinder after removing the intake manifold, I can feel what I think are reeds.

My intake manifold is bolting into what I think is the aluminum cylinder body. What is the reed valve assembly made of? Rubber? Aluminum? Thanks for the help.

kando
02-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Inbetween your head and carburetor is where your reeds valves will be sitting, look closer. Reed valves will made of flaps that only let flow go one way. Hopes this helps you.

Dan Tenn
02-08-2005, 04:11 PM
#6 is the intake boot. Its how your carb hooks up to the cylinder. #1 is the reed cage(reed block), and #2, & 3 are reeds(petals). This bolts between the cylinder, and the rubber intake boot.