PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on the "showa" decal folks

yamatopdog
02-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Hi folks, trying to get a complete kit made here for the white and black tri-z's.

I found three old tri-z's in my pop's barn of vintage machines today. There is a decal on the front LEFT fork that has all kinds of writing on it and is rectangular in shape. It is on a yellow tri-z. Is this the SHOWA decal?

Ill check back in 30 min. hopeuflly someone can answer this one quickly...

thanks in advance!

Jared Staskiel

CHAINSAW
02-08-2005, 12:04 AM
yeah Jared.. thats it man. Glad you found one intact!

Darius1502
02-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Jared,

What you are doing means alot to us. Thanks so much...you are a blessing!!

Darius1502
02-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Jared...not to overwhelm you but did you get these: (I believe there were only on the 86 Tri Z)

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5167

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5170

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5168

CHAINSAW
02-08-2005, 12:11 AM
I am not 100% sure, but I think the Showa Decals were the same on all 3 models. I know my 86 had one, but I didnt study it that well, and it ended up getting stripped off during the restore.

Also, can anyone verify if the choke settings were the same between the 86 (on the headlight) and the 85, and 851/2s (on the airbox cover)

yamatopdog
02-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Where is that first shifter decal located... i made that last week for someone and put it on my ebay store... i dont see that in my fiche finder...

Can someone e-mail me either a vertical or horizontal dimension of the energy induction decal? Neil sent me a picture but i need a dimension of either axis doesnt matter which, also need a dimension on either axis for the choke decal(s)

thanks
Jared

yamatopdog
02-08-2005, 12:20 AM
nevermind i get it now, they both go on the headlight... gotcha...

Well now i have everything, i have the induction decals, both labels for the headlgihts, the SHOWA decal, all the warning decals for under the seat, the decal behind the seat for the 85 models, as well as the rest of the kit.... YES BOYS AND GIRLS WE ARE IN BUSINESS....no pun intended

:D

Darius1502
02-08-2005, 12:20 AM
I'll get those for you....give me 5 minutes!

yamatopdog
02-08-2005, 12:24 AM
I'll get those for you....give me 5 minutes!

okay thanks

I guess both the decals on the headlight are the same size, as I have the shifting pattern decal already, so i really just need the energy induction decal dimension

jared

Darius1502
02-08-2005, 12:30 AM
The headlight decals (shifter) and the (choke) are both the following size:

Length: 2 and 1/4 inches long
Height: 1 and 1/4 inches high

The Boost Bottle Decal (energy induction):

Length: 1 and 1/2 inches long

yamatopdog
02-08-2005, 12:31 AM
I am not 100% sure, but I think the Showa Decals were the same on all 3 models. I know my 86 had one, but I didnt study it that well, and it ended up getting stripped off during the restore.

Also, can anyone verify if the choke settings were the same between the 86 (on the headlight) and the 85, and 851/2s (on the airbox cover)

I didnt realize that was you neil until i just got your email.....

yamatopdog
02-08-2005, 12:32 AM
The headlight decals (shifter) and the (choke) are both the following size:

Length: 2 and 1/4 inches long

The Boost Bottle Decal (energy induction):

Length: 1 and 1/2 inches long

sweeeeet thanks so much, im gonna get busy folks...

Another guy on this board who is only two hours from me is sending me some decals from a black machine, should be here tomorrow...

Jared

CHAINSAW
02-08-2005, 12:45 AM
yeah man, thats me.. :) .. I just sent you some more info on the Showa decal. Sorry for my windy emails.. I get carried away when it comes to talking about Tri Zs.

yamatopdog
02-08-2005, 12:52 AM
I will email you in the morning when i go up to the barn. I will also take pics of the tri z with the different decals for your reference to help guide me as well.

working on the energy induction decal right now, ill talk to you further in the morn.

Jared

yamatopdog
02-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Also, how do i post a link on here if I have an image at a particular url...

do i need to put <image source> blahhh blahh blahh or is there an easier way to do it?

I want to post the energy induction decal in the morn for you guys to tell me how it looks, as im just going off of scale from darius and neils pic...

Jared

CHAINSAW
02-08-2005, 01:01 AM
you can either just type in the address, or use the image source code. If you have the sticker on your comp, you can always just add the attachment to your post. You do this by hitting "Manage Attachments" below

yamatopdog
02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
I just emailed you

TimSr
02-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Also, how do i post a link on here if I have an image at a particular url...
Jared

All you have to do is type the complete url, and put [img@] before it and [/img@] after it. Do not include the @. I had to put that in there to keep it from trying to dispaly a photo in this post.

Example [img@]http:///www.mywebspace.pictures/bike.jpg[/img@]

85 TRI-Z
02-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Hello everyone.

I just peeled my Showa decal off the front left fork, and it is in very good shape.
I am going to be sending it to SpeedandSportGraphicReproduction ( E-Bay store )
Would you like me to order extra sets??
Let's keep these old bikes going!!!!!!!
Hope to see fellow trike riders @ Florence, OR in June.
See Ya later...................85 TRI-Z

yamatopdog
02-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Hello everyone.

I just peeled my Showa decal off the front left fork, and it is in very good shape.
I am going to be sending it to SpeedandSportGraphicReproduction ( E-Bay store )
Would you like me to order extra sets??
Let's keep these old bikes going!!!!!!!
Hope to see fellow trike riders @ Florence, OR in June.
See Ya later...................85 TRI-Z

Thanks so much, however I just aquired them today from a trike we had in a barn...

yamatopdog
02-08-2005, 05:36 PM
When you see my kit come up on ebay, email me and Ill send you a showa decal since you peeled yours off

Jared