PDA

View Full Version : ATC 250R Must sell. Please help!

LonesomeTriZ
02-07-2005, 11:12 PM
I rescued an ATC 250R from certain death over the weekend. Unfortunately I can not afford it. I only bought it to keep it out of the hands of the scrap man. Does any body want the information? I have photographs, but I not sure if they will post in this thread. I have to sell this thing right away. I only want what it cost me to save it. :(

Dammit!
02-07-2005, 11:15 PM
I only want what it cost me to save it. :(

Which was how much?

LonesomeTriZ
02-07-2005, 11:17 PM
$250, and that does not include the fuel I had to put out.

Dammit!
02-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Oof. I would have done it in a second for $250 until I saw where you live. Shipping makes it not doable for me. I'm sure someone will snatch it up though. Good job on the rescue by the way. If I had the funds I'd start some kind of Adopt-a-Trike organization. :D

Edit: the mods are gonna move this to the classifieds forum. I think it would be cool of them to look the other way for 24 hours though. ;)

LonesomeTriZ
02-07-2005, 11:24 PM
I figured shipping would be a problem. I am willing to help out as much as I can. We make trips to Tennessee on a some waht regular basis. I would bve willing to meet some one along the way if possible. I have to recoupe the money I put out very soon.

Billy Golightly
02-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Louis I dont know for sure, but let me see about maybe meeting you at saltsdale this weekend and taking that off your hands :) I will let you know tomorrow evening for sure.

LonesomeTriZ
02-07-2005, 11:29 PM
That would be very cool. I knew some one here would want it. That is why I took the chance I did. That and I can not stand by and allow a trike to be destroyed for no real reason.

350x'inNY
02-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Hmmm.... Billy bring that to Trikefest... would be a great trike to drop my 300R motor into! :naughty: We could video tape it... "Trading Places" or something like "This Old Trike" :w00t: "Triker Transformation".... :welcome:

Bruce

chris200x
02-07-2005, 11:49 PM
You my friend are a true american hero! There should be more people like you out there. Long live the ATC!!!!!!

Billy Golightly
02-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Man you guys I'll be like the Teutles meeting a deadline. I gotta get the 500X going again, finish my CR500 project, Get the Z transmission problems straightened out, and now bring that airfooler with me all before June 8th :eek:

LonesomeTriZ
02-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks for that. I just can not allow something like that to happen. Even though I am loyal to Yamaha, I still have a respect for all trikes. if you all want to read the story let me know and I will explain what haapened.

350xsx
02-07-2005, 11:56 PM
i wish i lived in florida or you lived up here.....

LonesomeTriZ
02-07-2005, 11:58 PM
I get the idea that what I am asking is a fair price. ;)

grundlegrabber
02-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Sounds like a very fair price to me. I'm glad to see there are others out there trying to rescue trikes. I agree with chrisr, you are a true hero! I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat if I was closer, unfortunately I am in PA.

Billy Golightly
02-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Lets hear the story on it. Find it at a junk yard headed for the crusher or somethin? Does it run?

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Give me a minute to make sure my spelling is correct. :rolleyes:

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 12:17 AM
I saw this old R rolled out of some ones yard along with a lot of straight up garbage. I stopped and asked about it, but was told it along with the trash belonged to their son. He was to come by and pick everything up with in a day or two. If he did not they were calling a scrap man. I left me number and told them I would be interested in taking it off their hands if their son does not come back. They called me on Sunday morning the following day to come get the trike. I was in albernale visiting some friends and asked if I could get it later during the week. The said the scrap man will be there in 45 minutes. I was over an hour away. I left out of there like I had a husband chasing me out the door with a shot gun. My old Powerstoke was screaming down the highway. I hear that turbo creaming all the way back. I got there just as the scrap man was pulling up. I blocked him from the yard and claimed my trike. Unfortunately that is when I found out he wanted $250 because that is what they paid some one to clean out the back yard and rag it all out to the front. I then had to leave me fiancée there with the Hando while I ran into town to find an ATM machine. Bless her heart; she cares just as much as I do. Well with the risk of over drawing my account I made it before the scrap man could load it up. What I sonnet in fuel hurt me bad enough, so that is why I have to at least get what I paid for the trike. Well that is the story in a nut shell. :)

Dammit!
02-08-2005, 01:33 AM
You should have asked for $275 or so to get your gas funds back. Still would have been reasonable. Hell if I had cash to burn I'd give you $25 just for saving it. Edit: I'm in for paypal'ing $5 to LonesomeTriZ if 4 other people will join me. :beer

This thread makes me think we need a Triker of the month award or something. Then I think that would be kinda gay so nevermind. :D

OZQUAD44
02-08-2005, 05:16 AM
So has someone bought it off you yet, It looks like a great deal to me $275....
and before you ask, no I can't, the shipping costs to Australia would hurt alot...

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 09:10 AM
You should have asked for $275 or so to get your gas funds back. Still would have been reasonable. Hell if I had cash to burn I'd give you $25 just for saving it. Edit: I'm in for paypal'ing $5 to LonesomeTriZ if 4 other people will join me. :beer

This thread makes me think we need a Triker of the month award or something. Then I think that would be kinda gay so nevermind. :D

I appreciate the thought, but I just wanted to save that trike. If I did not have a Ymaha only rule, I would restore it myself.

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 09:13 AM
So has someone bought it off you yet, It looks like a great deal to me $275....
and before you ask, no I can't, the shipping costs to Australia would hurt alot...

I have two people right now who are interested. If one does not the other is waiting to pay for it. but until money exchanges hands consoder it still on the market. I think the shipping to Australia might be a little more than inside the U.S. i can see how that would be a deal breaker. :D

Billy Golightly
02-08-2005, 10:19 AM
I did some checking around and it doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to swing it. Wish I could. Sorry :(

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 10:37 AM
I did some checking around and it doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to swing it. Wish I could. Sorry :(
No problem. I have another trike lover standing by. Thanks for trying htough. ;)

Billy Golightly
02-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I dont know, saltsdale maybe isn't looking to hot either. I hope I can make it but there was a death in the extended family and we might have to watch over their place during the weekend while they are gone, Dont know for sure. I'll let you know either way when I know for sure.

whiteman350x
02-08-2005, 10:45 AM
How far down in Fl are you? I am really interested if it is close enough for me to pickup.

Whiteman

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I dont know, saltsdale maybe isn't looking to hot either. I hope I can make it but there was a death in the extended family and we might have to watch over their place during the weekend while they are gone, Dont know for sure. I'll let you know either way when I know for sure.
i understand. I am soory to of your family's loss. I hope you can make it, but taking care of your family is more important.

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 10:49 AM
How far down in Fl are you? I am really interested if it is close enough for me to pickup.

Whiteman I live just outside of Tampa, less five hours from the AL state line.

whiteman350x
02-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I checked it out on a map. Looks like too much of a haul for me. Almost 500 miles one way. If you happen to be heading north gimmie a shout and maybe we can meet and cut a deal.

Whiteman

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 11:27 AM
I will be heading to Tennesssee in the next couple of months. Check with me in a couple of days.

bigredhead
02-08-2005, 11:36 AM
so, does it run? details on the mechanical side of it ?

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 01:12 PM
I am sorry, that would have been some nice information. This thang has had a hard life. I have not dug into the engine at all, but I was told by the father the kid did not know he was suppose to mix oil wuth the gas. So guess what happened after riding it for over two hours. Over all I would say the trike is 90% complete. The silencer and front caliper appears to be the only parts missing. The front fender is in great shape but I do not htink it is a 250R fender. The rear plastic has some minor problems but over all is very solid and not brittle or worn. The seat has an after maket seat cover with no rips or tears. All the tires are junk. That is why it is on a jack. They will not hold air for more that ten minutes. The rims seem to be servicable and I was able to go through all the gears. All in all a great restoration project that will not involve tracking down hard to get parts. Any other questions give me haller.

x.system
02-08-2005, 01:25 PM
If you run out of buyers toss it on ebay for 3 days, the buyer may part it out but at least the parts will still be useful to someone.

You could keep it and turn into a honda guy :D I think that hondas calling out to you now :naughty:

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 01:29 PM
I use to be an every brand guy. If I had not chose ne brand and stick to it I would have a hundred trikes in the back yard I could never possibly get to. And being to person I am, I woul dnot sell them because I would be too damn stubborn to give up on them. I will not say I was not tempted though. ;)

Louis Mielke
02-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Yay! I'm so happy.... I have a 250R.......in Florida.....and I'm in Maryland......lol I'll get it soon enough...Thanks lonesome your awsome.

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks to every one for all your support. The R does have a new owner now and my low bank account is replinished. I will continue to rescure any trike I find in need of recure as long as I know there are people like you all ready to give them a goos home. ;)

Apollo
02-08-2005, 08:33 PM
That was an awesome thing you did, Lonesome. What a great thread.

LonesomeTriZ
02-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks. Do not be surprised if I come to all of you in the future with more rescued trikes. I am always on the hunt for them. ;)

250RNUT
03-16-2005, 06:01 PM
That poor trike, Now louis want to sell it.I have the money but I am in NY

Dammit!
03-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Maryland ain't THAT far of a drive is it? Unless you're upsate? I don't know where Cortland is.

Louis Mielke
03-16-2005, 10:04 PM
The bike is still in florida. Trust me. If I didn't just find a 85 250r I'd still be picking this thing up from lonesometriz. but now that I have the 85 I need to find the 84 a new owner. I really want someone who will restore or ride this trike to get it and not someone who will part it out. been getting a lot of messages and its hard to weed out who i think will part it and who actaully wants it. I know how it is when you really want something bad and then someone who only wants to make a fast buck gets it... its sad.

faf_racing
03-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Man i wanted that!!! is that an 84??? I wonder what shipping runs on something like that 500.00 plus the 250.00 you pay?? that would be 750.00 wouldnt be worth it. But Dang thanx for the tease LOL!

faf_racing
03-16-2005, 10:22 PM
oh it is an 84 ,i thought it was are you selling and what your price?

Louis Mielke
03-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Common man read the entire thread. It does not run. Needs a top end at minimum. And I don't think shipping would be that much. If it was to be disasembled i bet you could get it shipped out for under $300. If not much less. And I don't know about anyone else but I've had great luck helping and getting help from other people as far as picking up and droping off parts. I bet someone on this board would be willing to help make it happen. Lonesometriz is already willing to take it as far as tennessee, provided its on his time tables.
All i want is the $250 I paid for it. Thats the same thing lonesometriz paid for it.

faf_racing
03-16-2005, 10:48 PM
I did read the whole thread i seen you bought it, i thought you had it so i was asking you about it! i am interested in it and have money for it! if i could have it shipped too me for an affordable price as i couldnt go pick it up.

Louis Mielke
03-16-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm looking into shipping.