PDA

View Full Version : new toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trainingwheeler
02-07-2005, 07:44 PM
my $60 score check it out!!!!!!

hedge1988
02-07-2005, 07:45 PM
good looking trike congrats

kando
02-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Nice find, Does it run? are you going to restore it, or just burn up the rubber.

trainingwheeler
02-07-2005, 07:59 PM
this trike i got from a friend that has had it for 15yrs. & it mostly sat covered or in the garage . I cleaned the carb (parts washer SAFETY KLEEN) real good ,the exhaust was rotted out completely , i have a new cobra steel series on it with 1975 pegs so that the exhaust would clear them . It runs pretty good but i think i have to go up on the main jet because of the pipe anyone have any experience with that? what size ? so i can order it from honda? i also need some help w/getting the rear brakes to work any one have any tips ? how much do you think this thing is worth its really in pretty good shape for being 4-5years older than me . I need a headlight w/ switch if anyone has one to sell ,& the switch that goes in the throttle housing thanks let me know what you all think of my 1st trike that ive ever owned (rode & wrenched plenty)

trainingwheeler
02-07-2005, 08:04 PM
i dont know if ill restore it or just fix it up to ride some .I need the conversion hubs if anyone has a set & whatever i need to run 8" rims & knobbies so i can save the "baloonies" cause they hold air & arent all torn up but are dryrotted some . I really told my fiance it was for her so she wouldnt be mad when i came home with it LOL

trikerider2oo7
02-07-2005, 08:07 PM
nice find...what part of PA is doylestown in?

trainingwheeler
02-07-2005, 08:11 PM
i also rebuilt the pullstart internals & have a maier replacement rear fender to put on to ride so i dont break the unbroken but scratched rear fiberglass fenders theyll go in dry storage w/ the baloonies . Im also interested in a good condition front fender in that color mine is mint except for the 3" crack in the front LOL . i also think that the forks may have been origanally green then painted them the orange in the factory when they ran out of orange ones , because the paint is from what i can tell factory paint but green shows thru where it is cipped & it also is evenly faded with the rest of the paint

trainingwheeler
02-07-2005, 08:12 PM
south east just 35 min. north of philly

trainingwheeler
02-07-2005, 08:21 PM
ill take more pics tommorow of the new exhaust . Any of you fellow trikersd have any sweet 90 pics ? early or late

kando
02-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Go back 8 threads to see some all fixed up, even though there are all 70's they are still sweet. They did an awful lot of work to get them to look like that but its all part of the fun.