PDA

View Full Version : 200x is running once again but...

90nut
02-06-2005, 10:21 PM
I got my 200x all put back together with a new wiseco 12:1 piston and new gaskets and all that good stuff. I lapped the valves and installed new valve seals. It runs quite well but with a 12:1 piston in it shouldn't it be fairly difficult to kick? Mine is actually quite easy to kick. Could be valve springs be weak or are my valves possibly be burnt up. They did look pretty good when I had the out. The only thing that I didn't do that I should have done is bead blasted the head. Let me know wha you guys think.

HaggLE
02-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Did you check that the valves actually seated properly? After lapping them in you should close the valve and hold it up to the light and look in the port. If there is no light then its a green light.

Did you adjust the valves correctly? When you are running in you need a bit more tollerance to allow for the valves to bed in a little. Perhaps one isnt closing correctly.

One thing to do is get some facts. Do a compression check on it to make sure that the compression is actually low or whether you just have a strong leg.

90nut
02-07-2005, 10:36 PM
I did not actually check to closely that the valves were seating all the way, I know i sould have but I didn't my fault. I am going to do a compression check on it wednesday so i'll let you know what I find out.

hotroddal
02-07-2005, 10:49 PM
hey did you hone the cylinder??? when you put that 12:1 piston in there???

vartiak15
02-07-2005, 11:29 PM
make sure you re tighten your head bolts! i didnt do this and blew a gasket. mine is pretty easy to kick too.

vartiak15
02-07-2005, 11:30 PM
o and to hone a cylinder you go get a tool you put in your drill and then u spin it fast and move it in and out so u get a cross hatch patteren. it is easy to do the tool cost me 20 bucks.

90nut
02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Yep I bored it and honed it. Vartiak didn't you have flooding issues with your 200x. did you move the clip up on the needle? Mine was on the first from the bottom groove. It was the big wide groove.