PDA

View Full Version : 85 250sx wont run?

85 250sx
02-06-2005, 07:21 PM
well about 3 months ago it was running great then i went riding for a weekend and noticed that my lights did not work and it has a new battery? well it still turn on easy just had to kickstart it now. Well about two weeks ago i took it out of the shed and i could not get it started i changed the oil and put and sprayed some gas into the cylinder and after a while i got it to start. and when it started it smoked pretty bad for a while. it used to smoke before but it was only a little bit until it wormed up. this time it was smoked for a long while and it was realy dark and thick? well today i took it out again and i could not get it to start at all i tried spraying some gas into the clyinder agian but nothing happed only backfires every once and a while and stum times it will put put put and out nothing else so then i took my airbox off and looked into the car and it looked a little dirty but i dont think enought to not let it run well i tired kicking it over a couple of times with out the airbox on and noticed that smoke would come out of the carb and when i pulled ont the throttle to open it up more smoke would come out? is that normal well then after a while of kicking i noticed that gas was leaking out of my overflow falve aswell witch in never did before either what do you guys thinkg is wrong with it? please help if you can and sorry for the long thread

1984kxtTECATE
02-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Have you tried to rev it when it was started? I would pull the spark plug out to see if you are getting a spark and check for plugged jets.

mad_max
02-06-2005, 07:33 PM
I dont know about the light problem but first thing I'd do is kit the carburetor.
Clean it out good and spend $15 on a rebuild kit. Then go from there. "smoke" coming out of the carb is from raw gas and flooding. Put a inline filter on it also Wix p/n 33011 fits well.

85 250sx
02-06-2005, 07:34 PM
yes two weeks ago when i did get it to start it did rev up fine will i was riding