PDA

View Full Version : triz parts

GreyhoundRugby
02-06-2005, 10:05 AM
I may b quiring a triz im wondering how much these things will run me, radiator shrouds, vacuum pump, water pump, hp exhaust, and a carb kit to rejet, the guy said it was running too rich

dirtface
02-06-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm not a Tri-z guy,yet. But from what i've seen the HP pipe will be your most expensive part, if you can get your hands on one. Everything else you have listed can be picked up reasonable.

Derrick Adams
02-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Radiator Shrouds are not available. The only exhaust available is DG ($200 to $300). This is rumored to be discontinued, as well. Fuel pump rebuild kits and waterpump rebuild parts are still available (never priced them, but I'm thinking they were around $50 each). E-bay has a regular selection of each.

As far as the carb kit goes, you can pick up what ever jets you need at the local cycle shop, but before that, I would suggest making sure you have the right gas/oil ratio mix in the tank and a fresh plug/clean air filter. It also wouldn't hurt to do a compression test.

When I got my Z, I was told to mix gas/oil at 20to1, the previous owner was mixing 16to1, just to be safe. It fouled plugs almost immediately, until it was warmed up. I mix at 50to1 and it rips! Be forwarned that you need good quality oil at this ratio. 40to1 is safe.

twgranger
02-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Radiator Shrouds are not available. The only exhaust available is DG ($200 to $300). This is rumored to be discontinued, as well. Fuel pump rebuild kits and waterpump rebuild parts are still available (never priced them, but I'm thinking they were around $50 each). E-bay has a regular selection of each.

As far as the carb kit goes, you can pick up what ever jets you need at the local cycle shop, but before that, I would suggest making sure you have the right gas/oil ratio mix in the tank and a fresh plug/clean air filter. It also wouldn't hurt to do a compression test.

When I got my Z, I was told to mix gas/oil at 20to1, the previous owner was mixing 16to1, just to be safe. It fouled plugs almost immediately, until it was warmed up. I mix at 50to1 and it rips! Be forwarned that you need good quality oil at this ratio. 40to1 is safe.
The fuelpump and waterpump rebuild kits are no more than $20 a piece.

GreyhoundRugby
02-06-2005, 11:25 AM
whered you find yours at

TimSr
02-06-2005, 02:13 PM
The fuelpump and waterpump rebuild kits are no more than $20 a piece.

Ive never heard of a waterpump "rebuild kit", but the seal alone runs about $20.00. The impeller fails a lot more than the seal, and they run about $25 more.

I would check the bike out and make sure you actually need this stuff first, because its not very likely that its all bad. The fuel pumps rarely fail, but they get blamed for a lot of simple tuning problems. Mine both have teh original ones. Seems every TriZ Ive ever seen is jetted too rich, because somebody once started a rumor that every time you change a clutch lever you have to jet it richer. Derrick gave you good advice about choosing a good gas/oil mix, and THEN deciding how to adjust carburetion. The jet kits are a very expensive joke. Unless the motor has had drastic modifications, the main jet, and possibly a needle clip setting is all youll need to change. Main jets run about $3 - $4 each. Get a good gas/oil mix, run some tests, and then get a few jets going in the right direction, and run more tests.

twgranger
02-06-2005, 07:58 PM
whoops!! I was thinking of a carb kit i think. :wondering I don't know