PDA

View Full Version : tri moto 125

rustbucket
02-05-2005, 11:48 PM
are t/m 125s the biggest peice of crap on three wheels or what, I cant find no piston cant find no gaskets can't even find another sucker (like me) to buy this piece. Did i get a dud or some thing if any one has a piston thats 20 over and with a reasonable price let me know. Or if you would like to work out a deal for some $ or a 250 sx or something let me know. I kinda like this little turd even though i got spanked by a 110 in low range

LonesomeTriZ
02-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Do you have some photographs of it?

TimSr
02-06-2005, 12:04 AM
All I can say is you must not have tried very hard. Pistons and gaskets are still avialable from Yamaha through any dealer, Vesrah offers an aftermarket gasket kit you can get from any mailorder outfit like DennisKirk, and Wiseco also makes pistons for it.

If this turns into a classified ad it will be removed.

rustbucket
02-06-2005, 12:34 PM
I tried the rings and stuff from yamaha they arn't very good overheat them once and they are junk also my dealer told me the oversize kit were nla can i put a top end from a 175 on it i was told they would fit

TimSr
02-06-2005, 01:53 PM
I tried the rings and stuff from yamaha they arn't very good overheat them once and they are junk

Your dealer gave you some bad information. OEM cast pistons do not swell as much from heat as forged pistons, such as Wiseco, and are less likely to cause a disaster when overheated. The majority of disasters from overheating are in liquid cooled models from a cooling system failure. Though they run hotter, overheating disasters are pretty uncommon on air cooled models. If you are unconvinced, you can get a Wiseco replacement piston and rings from DennisKirk when you order your gasket kit.

rustbucket
02-06-2005, 08:46 PM
I think lack of oil pretty much kills anything, I like the forged pistonsmore because they seem to be tougher, plus i can get them through my suzuki dealer instead of the yammie dealer whos a big prick when it comes to trikes. what i would like to find is a individual who sells pistons that are oldstock and has a decent price, this bike isn't worth a 85 dollar piston.