PDA

View Full Version : 295 big bore

RideRed250R
02-04-2005, 01:57 AM
hey guys, i was wondering iam thinkin about puttin a 295 trinity big bore in my atc250R 350 for complete bolt on kit, if i get it ported polished with head mod its 550 which ant bad, anyone heard anything about 295's?

adam

hrc85250r
02-04-2005, 10:39 AM
i was thinking about doing the same thing...isnt it just a resleeve? with a big piston kit?

skippy
02-04-2005, 10:52 AM
yepper, its a resleeve.. la sleeve does a ton., i got one.. punches hard.. but not worth the money, just go w a esr pv.. a better option!!

350xsx
02-04-2005, 10:57 AM
i wouldnt go with trinity ive heard some negative things from them and thats all it takes for me not to want to use them on my stuff unless its JUST bolt on stuff like pipes or coolheads or somethin and yes i would definately powervalve it if i where going to spend money in that range and theyve been noted for there great work(ESR)Paul Turner also has powervalve kits but ive heard they take a real long time to get to ya since there such a big company butthey also do great work

a-camp
02-04-2005, 08:32 PM
You live next to the best mechine shops in the state. Cut out the middle man a have it sleeved. Pass on the high output stage 4 whatever porting crap. Trinity is great for parts .

Tri-Z Pilot
02-05-2005, 01:23 PM
I think it would be great to learn how to port and polish your own stuff, you could save a lot of $, it's basically just widening the ports isnt it. Where would you go to learn how to do this?

JLurch58
02-05-2005, 01:35 PM
I am kinda lucky cause th eguy who built my motor is also a good friend of mine. He let me watch him p n p my motor, just used a dremel tool. The next motor I rebuild I am going to do the p n p but he is going to watch me just to make sure I don't goof it up. After that I should be good to go to do it on my own.

I was amazed at just how simple a p n p job was, its not hard at all, but you do have to know what you're doing.

350xsx
02-05-2005, 01:44 PM
I think it would be great to learn how to port and polish your own stuff, you could save a lot of $, it's basically just widening the ports isnt it. Where would you go to learn how to do this?

yea its basicly that, you would have to learn by experience and experience only, youd probly wanna prctice on a couple 5 horse Briggs motors that where the same, port em all different, and then bolt em all up to the same yard cart and just see how they differ and out of the coupl you did, wich one was the powerband used best and most and for what(drags, trails, oval track, etc., then modify that design.....Wow i think about doin my own stuff to much, im gunna have to start doin it more....... :eek: i have a bunch of lil cart motors and a yard cart frame :beer :beer and i have a dremel :w00t: lol

hrc85250r
02-05-2005, 01:54 PM
yepper, its a resleeve.. la sleeve does a ton., i got one.. punches hard.. but not worth the money, just go w a esr pv.. a better option!!

im sure the esr pv cylinder is better......but i cant afford a 1000$-plus cylinder kit....i have seen complete releeve kits with piston kits for around 200$ so i think im gonna go with that cause my current sleeve only has 1 more bore on it ...im gonna put one of those racers edge pistons in it next (2.50 over), and after that im ordering uo the big bore.....

a-camp
02-07-2005, 12:18 AM
There is CD on Ebay that shows you porting. I have done my own for years. You really need to watch several differnt styles and make your own. Some people go to far and bike only runs good wide open. Has anyone seen this CD ?? Cant it help people new to this ??