PDA

View Full Version : What could be smokin?

Mudder F er
02-02-2005, 01:01 PM
When I ride my 200s, after about 20 minutes it smokes. It looks like its coming from the top end. out of the CDI around the cylinder top, around the exhaust. What can cause this?

honda200
02-02-2005, 01:05 PM
long shot, but possible, when it heats up totally, the head could expand slightly, and wont be a good enough seal around the head (so possibly a new head gasket??)

i know its a long shot, but it is possible (i think)

Curtis

Tri-Z Pilot
02-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Possibly you have a hole in your headpipe, and when the exhaust heats up, it could be burning built up carbon. The only way to really tell is to let it start smokin again and check real close to pinpoint exactly where the smoke is coming from, that would help the fourstroke people on here to help diagnose your problem.

Bill X_R
02-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Since you said it was doing after it's hot...I might guess it's just dirt grime and grease burning off. My old 350x smoked like that all the time until I cleaned off the head and valve cover.

(warning, this is only a thought. I might be correct, I might not. :) )

thefox
02-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Since you said it was doing after it's hot...I might guess it's just dirt grime and grease burning off. My old 350x smoked like that all the time until I cleaned off the head and valve cover.

(warning, this is only a thought. I might be correct, I might not. :) )

That would be my first thought too. Alot of the time on the Honda 285's and 200's a little bit of oil will leak from the top cam cover. It can be hard to get it to seal right after having it apart, I have seen this many times. When a little bit of oil gets hot it starts burning off.

Mudder F er
02-03-2005, 11:18 AM
i ordered some new gaskets I will try changing those and give it a good cleaning. Thanks