PDA

View Full Version : What year KX kicker will fit the 84/85 Tecate?

BigGreenMachine
02-01-2005, 09:54 PM
I need a shorter kickstart lever so that my heel doesn't hit the rear fender when I kick it over. I heard the KX kicker fits, does just the 83/84 KX lever fit or can I use any year up to 87 or later? What other levers will fit?

Got the bike going again today after work. She runs nice but I'm goin to make completely sure tomorrow with some plug chops after I retorque the head bolts. Had the Spidertracks on which are alot better then the Trail Pros in the snow. The bike looks wicked with the stickers and new tires on it. Now I need the seat cover put on which I may do myself tomorrow. I'll snap a couple pictures for you guys.

James

tecatecrazy
02-01-2005, 10:57 PM
kx kickers are LONGER not shorter. I have one on mine and it has caused me some troubles with the rear brake resevoir (just one of the bad designs that they fixed on the 86)

BigGreenMachine
02-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Longer, I remember reading its shorter therefore being stronger. The pic proves it though, thanks for the info.

hondatrikesrule22
02-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Have it shortened....

Meat-BoX
02-02-2005, 12:32 AM
I have the same problem with my Tecate. My heel gets caught on the fender when the kickstart is down. :wondering This is something I would definatly like to know about. I dont want to cut my plastic

tecatecrazy
02-02-2005, 08:14 PM
the kx kicker works OK as long as your tecate will start with a short stroke kick (starting your kick below the rear fenders). I also kinda like the way it looks :naughty:

tecatemantodd
02-03-2005, 12:09 PM
The Banshee kickstart is about half the size of my stock kicker on my 86 T3 and it has the same exact splines.....I ran one for a while before buying a new stocker......I'll look to see if I still have it around.....got anything cool to trade?

BigGreenMachine
02-03-2005, 12:31 PM
I've got some Durablue hubs that should fit your bike but I'm not up for trading. What year Shee kicker did you use? Thanks man.

Meat-BoX
02-03-2005, 06:09 PM
I need an important Hop Up for my Tecate. The nut for the Bolt that holds on the swingarm and motor. I lost it yesterday in the snow in my yard. :wondering