PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Tri-Moto 200 problems?????

freaksfix
01-19-2003, 12:44 AM
It strated as a broke cam chain. I pulled the motor apart put the new chain in. Set the timing as I assume as right (set the fly wheel on the F and lined the mark on the top gear w/ the mark on the top of the head). Put it all back together and it fired up on the 3rd pull. Rode it around the house a few times, pulled it in to change the oil (clean out whatever could have possibly gotten in the motor from being apart). Now it wont start, I checked the timing its off 180 degrees? When I rode it around it sounded like the tenshioner was to tight, so when I changed the oil I backed it off and the chain was still pretty damn thight?

What am I missing here? If the key way sheared off the cam, the valves wouldnt open right?

plkmonster2
01-19-2003, 04:54 AM
the thing should be on t, not f. f is for fire, t for timimg, remeber, it is a four stroke, so the cam turns once when the cranks turns twice, so it would be 180 degrees off. think it as this, it goes up, exhaust, back down, intake from carb, up again, compression, down compression, up exhaust.... so you can see that the cam has to turn half as much as the crank as far as the timing chain, is it noisy? try loosening the bolt some more and running it, sometimes the tensioner gets stuck after siting for a while.

freaksfix
01-19-2003, 01:46 PM
A simple case of rushing over, 7th grade Technology class mechanics... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks for pointing out my stupidity!!