PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Tank

hancadam
01-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Will bondo fix a leaking gast tanks with primer and paint on top? If not what will. Thanks Adam

ClayW
01-31-2005, 09:49 PM
It wont do a thing. What I would do is take the tank off dump the gass out, rinse the tank out with a water hose nozzel to bust the loose rust loose. Then I would fill it up with muratic acid for 30 min. Let it eat the rust on the inside. Any other potential rust holes will then surface. Rinse it out real good with water, then patch the spots with JB Weld. It is gas resistant. Holds up really good. Just scuff the spot up real good then put some on it. You can sand the JB weld after it sits up to make it look better, then paint over it. JB Weld works every time. :beer

MTS
01-31-2005, 10:49 PM
How much muratic acid do you put in a tank clay? like just stright muratic acid or diluted some??

ClayW
01-31-2005, 11:10 PM
Just straight Muratic. As far as acids go its not real potent. I think its only 34% hydrocloric and the rest is water. Its a little stronger than the acid that comes in the cream kits. I just fill it up with the acid and let her eat. I have used it on 4 tanks so far. Works like a charm. Then when you wash it out with the water real good. Then pour some acetone in it and slosh it around to get the water out. It will be a nice dull gray.