PDA

View Full Version : Need some help bad

Tri-ZNate
01-31-2005, 06:34 PM
I got ho,me from school, rode my SX and shut it off. Went inside for awhille and then my sister neded to feed and water her rabbits. She went out, gave it gas while the choke was on to start it and it back fired bad. Scard she broke something she had me start. I pushed the started and it turned over a couple of times and then made the loudest backfire I have ever heard. It was like standing next to a .223, and this was outside mind you (and I shoot guns so I know when something loud). Anyway I repeated and it did the same thing, not as loud but it still backfired and never started. I think she just fouled a plug (I'm running 2 stroke mix because I had nothing else around) but I have no way to take it off because my mom hasnt got a socket small enough to take it off. If you have an idea as to why it is backfiring so bad please list from least extreme to JUNK IT!!!

bigredhead
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
chill out dude.

don't use 2 stroke mix in a 4 storke for starters... empty the tan and fill it up with regular. drain the carb using the the drain screw....

remove the plug and put the plug on the wire, and make sure it touches the cylinder and crank it over a fewtimes....

put the plug back in and try again.

fuel in exhaust and hot gases = boom..

if it was running fine before,, no reason for it to not be running now.

i bet she flooded it bad and got major gas in there.

ClayW
01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah, what he said. It will prob smoke like a dog wit 2 stroke oil. Your gona have problems until you get all the crap gas out of it. Just thake the fuel line loose, then turn the pet cock to the on position, and let it drain. Then hook it back up and fill it up with regular gas. Take the plug out and hit the starter for a few revolutions. That will blow the crap out thru the sparkplug hole. Then put the plug back in and fire it off. You need to run the right gas. If you had did the opposite and put regular gas in a 2 stroke your engine would have likely locked up. I guess its possible that your bike could jump time backfiring lack that. Not sure though.

Tri-ZNate
01-31-2005, 07:37 PM
It was running fine with the 2 stroke mix in it. Ill drain it when I get home tomorrow and let ya know the results.

grundlegrabber
01-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Dude, if you are running 2 stroke mix in an sx and wondering why you have problems, it's probably best if you just take it to the shop and let them work on it. It's probably trashed now. If you wanna junk it, I'll take it for free....

Oldshell4481
01-31-2005, 08:23 PM
grundlegrabber LMAO nice screen name

Tri-ZNate
01-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Dude, if you are running 2 stroke mix in an sx and wondering why you have problems, it's probably best if you just take it to the shop and let them work on it. It's probably trashed now. If you wanna junk it, I'll take it for free....

I was going to do a tune up on this engine anyway. So if the worst happened then its nothing big.

bigredhead
01-31-2005, 08:44 PM
oil in the gas won't ruin your motor, but it will make it run like crap for sure.

This aint rocket science.... was it somking when you ran it last? if it was not smoking that's not 2stroke mix you put in !!!!! or you had enough fresh gas in the tank and put very little mix with it..... somethin ain't right.

Tri-ZNate
01-31-2005, 08:57 PM
oil in the gas won't ruin your motor, but it will make it run like crap for sure.

This aint rocket science.... was it somking when you ran it last? if it was not smoking that's not 2stroke mix you put in !!!!! or you had enough fresh gas in the tank and put very little mix with it..... somethin ain't right.

Oh yeah, there was definatly a mix. She smoked pretty well when I gave it gas, but it didnt run like trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro either. I dont think it was a strong mix to start with.

Tri-ZNate
02-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Ok I took the plug off today and man that thing fowled preety bad. Nice and black. So I took some sand paper to it, kicked it over a couple of times and vawala she lives.

hrc85250r
02-01-2005, 05:54 PM
sandpaper? lol....just get a new plug before you get screwed again with that fouled one.. a new plug is 1.50 at the auto parts....premix doesnt make a 4 stroke run that bad, as long as you dont have the crappy oil mixed in.....if you need to use some make sure it is a castor/synthetic mix....dont use petro based or you will foul plugs and you might as well not even ride it...

Tri-ZNate
02-01-2005, 05:58 PM
oh I plan on riding it till this mix gets out of it. I should probably drain as mentioned before but
1. its free gas and
2. if im going to replace the plug Ill do it after I burn this
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro gas out.