PDA

View Full Version : 200x color issues... opinions requested.

Louis Mielke
01-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey every one.

I just got my 200x frame & misc parts back from the powder coaters. The coating looks great and everything was nicely done Here whats I had done, the 200x frame, engine brackets, seat & fender brackets, 3 hubs, swing arm, linkage, foot pegs & mounts, a yamaha YTM225dx swing arm, and 6 3 bolt steel 8x8 rims for $459.00. Thsi included stripping and the whole nine yards. I\'m extremely pleased with the quality but low and behold I made a bone head move.

When I was choosing colors from the color charts I picked what I thought was a close match to the red of the frame & various brakets, but low an behold when I got the parts it was more of an orangish red. Actually this orange red color is almost a perfect match for all the earlier Honda CR dirtbikes. S now I have a delema, the frame is orange, so what fenders will look right with the frame color? Do i go with red fenders or white ones? Or I think maier sells blue or black still? This was gonna be almost a restoration but with my color botch I'm not sure what to do now. Worry about the restore or just build a daily rider.

Any input is appiciated. I'll have picks of the frame & other parts as soon as I can. Let me know what you think though.

83185s
01-30-2005, 10:51 PM
id go back and tell them the color doesnt match the picture and u either want a refund or a new powder coat job :) ..imo...or make it a daily driver cause orange? unless u get white plastics i dont think it will look good..also imo

Louis Mielke
01-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Nah. I can't do that the guy is really cool at the powder coaters, he's already redoing 2 parts because he made a mistake on the color,(did someitnh in red when it was recored that it was supposed to be silver) and it was blatantly my mistake. No getting around it. I mean the color splotch i picked was right next to 2 more that were obviously more red than the one i picked. I won't blame someone else for my mistake. I just can't decide what to do. I set the white 400ex fenders that I';m using on my atc500r and I thought white didn't look to bad. I just don't know.

chris200x
01-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Here this might give you an idea. It's not powdercoat but I thought it was red. I went ahead with it anyway.

JLurch58
01-31-2005, 12:37 AM
I painted my frame greenish/yellow cause I wanted to be different. I'd say go with it, be crazy, make it fun.

Darius1502
01-31-2005, 12:43 AM
Let me tell you Louis. This damn Honda color matching has gotten all of us in a bind. I racked my brain this weekend trying to get it right for my R. Passion Red...well whats the dang color code.

Someone needs to call honda and get the code. I'll call on Tues...but think that don't have it. I mean if they did then why are we all going through this?

Louis Mielke
01-31-2005, 12:50 AM
Chris, Thanks really makes me feel better. Your orange frame doesn't look bad at all with the red plasitc. I'm still undecied though on which route to go. I was looking on the maier website, and I was like...hmmm, 200x,,, black fenders, white tank, red scoops, ....i just cant picture it yet though...and to get a black front fender I'd hafta go with either a 250R or 350x fender..I've seen pictures of 200x's wit hboth 250r and 350x fender but i just can't decide if its the look I want. blah. I wish maier was next do so I could just take my trike and play department store fitting room with the different fenders and colors.

I'm really hoping to either drop a CRF230F engine in this thing or stroke and bore my engine so its not gonna be completely stock restore anyway...

I'm also going to get a PRM aaluminum skid plate for this thing (is that the right company?) but i wish they had a matching engine skid plate.....blah... trying to retro fit an old trike into a new quad stomping machine can be taxing sometimes...lol

3WheelsForever
01-31-2005, 08:57 AM
Id definitly go with white rear fenders, white 250r front fender, white tank and bright orange super shrouds. I personally think that would look great with the orange frame.

OldSchoolin86
01-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Id definitly go with white rear fenders, white 250r front fender, white tank and bright orange super shrouds. I personally think that would look great with the orange frame.
I'm with 3WheelsForever, this sounds like a great combo.

02blzrx
01-31-2005, 05:35 PM
I have to put a 3rd thumbs up in on the white plastics and orange tank scoops

Tri-ZNate
01-31-2005, 05:48 PM

Or black fenders all around instead of white, and a black tank. The orange shrouds sound good to me.

Louis Mielke
01-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Anyone have any idea where I could get orange tank scoops from? Honestly I'm very against painting plastic. Wil maier do custom colors? I may go with the white scheme. I dunno. Black sounds cool too. i dunnno argh! lol