PDA

View Full Version : Powder coating frames ....... How much ?

Huffa
01-30-2005, 08:56 PM
About how much should one expect to pay to have a 200S frame powder coated the stock black? Does that price include prepping (sandblasting it) it also?

Tri-Z Pilot
01-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Between $50-$70, media blasting included.

Dammit!
01-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Between $50-$70, media blasting included.

I've never heard of a frame being done that cheap.

Send a pm to Quickonstep. He does powder coating.

Quickonstep
01-30-2005, 09:38 PM
i wouldnt do it for any less than 80... with a 1 week turn around, prepped, blasted, baked, bubble wrapped and shipped back to you

Jesse

OldSchoolin86
01-30-2005, 09:43 PM
i wouldnt do it for any less than 80... with a 1 week turn around, prepped, blasted, baked, bubble wrapped and shipped back to you

Jesse
Wow! That's a good deal. How much do you charge for 250r frames?

Tri-Z Pilot
01-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Really? I used to work at a powdercoating plant, and I didnt think frames were that expensive. Given it's been about 3 years, I thought I was somewhat close.

hrc85250r
01-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Wow! That's a good deal. How much do you charge for 250r frames?

I agree! can you do mine in the stock 250r red color??...

Dammit!
01-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Really? I used to work at a powdercoating plant, and I didnt think frames were that expensive. Given it's been about 3 years, I thought I was somewhat close.

Most of the prices I've found for something like a 250R frame is in the $250 range. I'll let Quick answer for himself. He beat every other price I've found by a good margin though.

Tri-Z Pilot
01-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Most of the prices I've found for something like a 250R frame is in the $250 range. I'll let Quick answer for himself. He beat every other price I've found by a good margin though.
Holly Hell! And they were paying me $6.50 an hour, those bastards!

Quickonstep
01-30-2005, 09:56 PM
well.. for you guys on here.. and on org, im cuttin yall a big break... but thats just because this is a great place and alot of you guys get shafted by the dealer for parts, and im kinda giving some back to you guys..

for any frame, (3 wheeler) i can do for 80 bux, with a 1 week turn around (7 days) yall pay the shipping, and SHIP IN A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you get the frame back, it will look just as it did when it rolled off the assembly line over in hong kong or wherever it came from... absolutly no difference, and will garentee the finish until you start building on it.. and will even go as far as sending pix before the peice is sent back out..

I have some of dammits parts, and thats what we are doing right now, going back and forth with some colors, some different schemes, until there is somthing HE likes.. I dont mind working with people to get what THEY want for a GREAT price..

Jesse

Dammit!
01-30-2005, 09:59 PM
I still think you're under charging. Well.... once you're done with my stuff I'll think you're under charging... Actually I think I'll just shut up now.

Paule
01-30-2005, 10:09 PM
This is what I got done locally about 6 weeks ago for $150...with blast.
$80 is a good deal, if the shipping does not do you in.

Huffa
01-31-2005, 06:55 AM
well.. for you guys on here.. and on org, im cuttin yall a big break... but thats just because this is a great place and alot of you guys get shafted by the dealer for parts, and im kinda giving some back to you guys..

for any frame, (3 wheeler) i can do for 80 bux, with a 1 week turn around (7 days) yall pay the shipping, and SHIP IN A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you get the frame back, it will look just as it did when it rolled off the assembly line over in hong kong or wherever it came from... absolutly no difference, and will garentee the finish until you start building on it.. and will even go as far as sending pix before the peice is sent back out..

I have some of dammits parts, and thats what we are doing right now, going back and forth with some colors, some different schemes, until there is somthing HE likes.. I dont mind working with people to get what THEY want for a GREAT price..

Jesse

Your a good man! I thought I read that you didn't have the facilities though to do frames in another post?
A great deal your offering for sure! I hope I can talk my freind into having his done. I'll get back to you.......might be a while though.

Bill X_R
01-31-2005, 07:59 AM
I still think you're under charging. Well.... once you're done with my stuff I'll think you're under charging... Actually I think I'll just shut up now.

LMFAO!!!!!!

Quickonstep
01-31-2005, 08:52 AM
price just went up for dammit!

I did say i couldnt do frames, but have decded to do them because i have a lamp thatll allow me to cook the frame without a oven..

And i figure if yall are spendin your cash on powdercoating.. why not with me lol...

Jesse

kilabeez0
01-31-2005, 09:22 AM
a lamp? wont that cook unevenly?

Quickonstep
01-31-2005, 09:38 AM
nope.. im not gonna get into all of the details, but.. you wouldnt beable tot tell the difference between parts done by a IR lamp and parts done in a oven

Jesse

83185s
02-01-2005, 12:09 AM
quick...trailprotrailpro about to be a rich mofo..hope ull be happy and get trailprotrailpro trikes restored!! cause for how many people trailprotrailpro about to get trailprotrailpro gonna have enough to do it..id send u mine but id rather get it running again first

Quickonstep
02-01-2005, 12:35 AM
lol.. not trying to get rich.... more just help people out.

Jesse

hrc85250r
02-01-2005, 01:04 PM
that must be one HUGE lamp to get it up to 350deg..

Meat-BoX
02-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Mine cost about $550.00 but I had allmost everything Acid Dipped, Beaded, Polished, or PowderCoated. Its on the Restoration Page under Garys Tecate. I wrote more but went to put in a word back in the text and it overwrit my other txt. Now that sux :wondering

jenndnn3
02-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I just turned mine in today. a 350x and a 200x. They are 75 bux each. I also am turning several hubs, 3 sets of footpegs, Brake pedal, and a bunch of other stuff, for black it is $40. He is fixing the Crack in my 350x frame that showed up last summer, for $10. I dont know where you all shop, but...............

OldSchoolin86
02-01-2005, 06:10 PM
I just turned mine in today. a 350x and a 200x. They are 75 bux each. I also am turning several hubs, 3 sets of footpegs, Brake pedal, and a bunch of other stuff, for black it is $40. He is fixing the Crack in my 350x frame that showed up last summer, for $10. I dont know where you all shop, but...............
I've never heard of anything that cheap for powder coating. The guy doesn't sound to bright if he's charging $10 for frame repair. Sounds like he needs to be less of a "cut throat" operator.

Quickonstep
02-01-2005, 06:26 PM
i could probably get away with doing that if i were NOT sandblasting the parts down to bare metal, cleaning them, and taking the time to make sure they are nice and clean, bubble wrapped for shipping or being picked up.. or if they were being acid dipped.. which will have to be EXTREAMLY cleaned so the powder will stick.. and not react with any chemicals.. cheapest ive heard is from some guys up in the northwest that get it done pretty cheap.. but again.. its all about where you live, who you deal with, and who you can trust..

Jesse

jenndnn3
02-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Hmm must sounded like a major insult my post considering.... Ah well, sorry it wasnt meant that way. These prices listed seemed to me extremely high. No not yours Quick. Oldschoolin I will be sure to tell him to quit being such a "cut throat". Whatever the heck that means.......

Funny tho the guy knew exactly how to fix it. Maybe I save because when I choose to paint I plan my colors. So I turn in several items wanting the same color. Oh and it is being sandblasted.

Quickonstep
02-01-2005, 07:05 PM
no not offended by your post at all.. everyone needs competition to thrive.. just saying that for me tobeable to do so much for so little, id have to cut out alot.. if parts came to me prepped and ready, the price would drop CONSIDERABLY!

Jesse