PDA

View Full Version : can i make my 110 any faster?

dizasterzrfun69
01-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Does anybody have any cheap ideas how to make my 83' 110 any faster?? It runs like a champ, i just want it a little faster. Of course these little things arent made to fly but a little extra speed is always good. I think it seems kind of slow because of what i did to it. I modified it and so now it looks like a chopper, its got a sissy bar on back, straight pipe running out the back, stainless steel "home made" fenders all around, and the front end is extended out a couple of feet. Thats a little extra weight and i think the 1" straight pipe might not be letting enough air out. :naughty:

Pistonhead
01-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Is that the one with the blue buckets for fenders?

dizasterzrfun69
01-29-2005, 07:53 PM
hahah no, it aint got buckets for fenders, I went and got one of the the spare tire covers for the conversion vans and cut it into 3 pieces, 1 front fender and 2 backs. I was tryin to upload the pic but this computer is junk and it aint workin. It'll be at trikefest 05.

trikezilla
01-29-2005, 09:16 PM
I would say DEFINATLEY try a bigger pipe the 1''. I had a 1'' pipe on my 84 125m and i eventually put on a bigger pipe (not sure what size..i have to check) and that made a smal noticeable differance. IS THRER ANY WAY YOU CAN PUT A MANUAL CLUTCH ON A 110????? << that might make a difference if you could do that. take off everything you dont need...do u have a aftermarket air filter on it?? if you do or not running w/out the airbox and or airbox cover helps somewhat

200xalltheway
01-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey welcome to the board man. I see you live in Elkart. I make my home in the Plymouth area. As for your 110, I would suggest getting a "real" pipe. Take off anything not needed. (headlight+taillight) Bore the piston if you can. Smaller rear spocket and a larger front one. Maybe a better carb. That should get you movin pretty good.

dizasterzrfun69
01-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey welcome to the board man. I see you live in Elkart. I make my home in the Plymouth area. As for your 110, I would suggest getting a "real" pipe. Take off anything not needed. (headlight+taillight) Bore the piston if you can. Smaller rear spocket and a larger front one. Maybe a better carb. That should get you movin pretty good.
hey 200x, yea im new on the board just cause i was too lazy to sign up!!! Howdy is actually my uncle and i've known of this site forever, i've just been stupid and not signed up! I was at TF04 and i'll be there this year too! as for my 110, i've had people say a bigger pipe will help a little bit so im going to try that first, then im going to take extra junk off i dont need. I noticed on some other post people were bashin someone for wanting their 110 to do 60 m.p.h whats wrong with that?? it may cost a little bit, but how many 110's do people ever see that will run 60? thats what it's all about!!! having something nobody has or ever even thought of having!!

Tri-ZNate
01-30-2005, 04:50 PM
I dont know alot about 110s but what normally helps boost performance is taking the air box cover off and taking the spark arrestor off as well.

HaggLE
01-30-2005, 05:27 PM
You want to see a fast 110 motor? Check out "Aluminium frame 70" post. I have a 110 motor bored and stroked to 181cc

You can put a manual clutch on it if you would like, use a clutch of a C90 roadbike (one million years old and not common, good luck finding one). I have one on mine as it was the easiest way to stop the clutch slipping with the extra HP.

Also check out "best ATC90/110 mod". This is the best carb you could run. It will give you the most power increase.

I would also be doing the exhaust change.

Only things left for more power after that is to put in a performance cam and/or up the capacity.