PDA

View Full Version : 200x Timming

shudup
01-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Just bought a 200x that jumped time. Its been a while sence I messed with one of these (about 10 years).. it came with a extra motor that im going to rering and install a new timming chain in. But untill I have that done im gona just retime the motor in it now and play with it.

Just need a basic how to and I'll be ok from there. Kinda of a refresher.

thanks for any help
matt :beer

200xkwit
01-29-2005, 05:38 PM
ok heres whats up... when timing a 200x motor heres what u need to do.trailprotrailpro gunna need to pull the motor and rip off the head and u need to take out that little peep hole cap on the left side of the motor (if your sitting on the bike) its a slotted cap for a flat head screw driver. now basicly theres 4 ponits u need to line up to have it timed. one the valve cover, theres an arrow in the middle of the cam hole area. that needs to line up with the o mark on the cam gear. now the other 2 points are the "T" mark on the flywheel and the little slot inside the peep hole where the threads are. once all these points are insync trailprotrailpro good. just make sure there all proportioned together. when the motor is turned over all 4 points need to hit at the same time. :beer

shudup
01-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Cool thats exactly what I needed.
couldnt remember if timed to the F or the T
thanks!!!!

StangLX302
01-29-2005, 08:14 PM
I changed my timing chain and top gear without even removing the engine or head or anything. It runs excellent, so I know I did it right.

Here's how I did it.

Take the CDI cover off and the "distributor" and back plate.

Take the bottom cover off.

Take the flywheel off. (you need a special puller)

Take the generator stuff off.

Take that backplate off.

Loosen the two bolts that hold the gear to the cam.

Loosen the tensioner all the way.

Drop the gear down onto the nose of the cam.

Pop the chain off the gear.

Reverse the prodedure to assemble. (make sure you line up the dot with the triangle.)

I did it in less than 40 minutes and had it running again.

I noticed you live in Michigan. Do you live near Detroit??? You could bring it by my house and I could help you if you don't see how I did it.

StangLX302
01-29-2005, 08:19 PM
P.S. You might have to buy a gasket kit too. I got lucky and didn't tear any.

StangLX302
01-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Oh yeah, make sure the motor stays a the T mark and doesn't move if you do it my way.

speed20
01-29-2005, 08:25 PM
if you can get your swingarm bolt out, you can use that to pull the flywheel off (youll also need a little bolt, about 1/4-1/2 inch in length, round the head off the bolt, and put it in so its hittin the crankshaft, and screw the swingarm bolt in). This worked wonders for me!

shudup
01-29-2005, 10:55 PM
man this all great info
I got both the motors sitting on my bench cuz I found out the one that he said had jumped time broke a rocker on intake side

and the one that had the broken chain, either the head wasn't getting oil or the rockers where too tight, and the part of the rockers that contacts the cam lobe is ware almost compleatly off
this took out the cam, head. and vave cover.
hope the bottom end is still good

so new I need 2 heads, 2 cams and 2 valve covers and seeing im in there rings and of course gaskets

trying to think of how I can clean out the motor w/o spitting the cases

83185s
01-29-2005, 11:32 PM
u dont even have to pull the flywheel off..just open the timing hole and take off the cdi pulser (distributor) and as long as the chain is on the bottom cank shaft..re align the chain with the top gear on the cam..make sure it stays on the t mark when u re align it..and put it all back on and trailprotrailpro done

83185s
01-29-2005, 11:34 PM
uh just forget what i said..lol..i didnt know there was a second page..that sucks man..get on ebay!! best place for them..pour diesle in the motor to clean it..let it sit for a day then dump it ALL OUT...then let it sit for another day to be sure it is all dryed up ..diesle cleans anything