PDA

View Full Version : 200x Wont start

hancadam
01-29-2005, 12:55 PM
I just removed my tank for a bondo and paint job, put all new plastics on, new shock boots, handle grips, and painted the exhaust. I didn't touch the motor or carb , it was rebuilt when I first bought it 2 weeks ago. Now everything is back together I cannot get it to start. I checked all wiring, its getting gas, It has a good spark. Any ideas on what could help. It was stood up for awhile so all the gas is out of the carb, but I thought kicking it seriously about 100 times would do the job. It ran perfect before, and started no more than 2 kicks. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. When I get my seat cover I will post some pics. It looks brand new. Thanks Adam

raptor
01-29-2005, 01:02 PM
adam. double check your petcock is on. and that petrol is in the over flow and if thats defeitnly not the problem try and bumb it

hancadam
01-29-2005, 01:06 PM
The fuel is on. I even pulled the carb hose off to make sure it was flowing out. I have tried rolling it, and putting it in gear also. It doesn't eevn try to start. I think its not getting gas still. The spark plug was dry when I pulled it out. Anymore help greatly appreciated. Thanks Adam

hancadam
01-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Also what do you mean by the overflow?

triz25o
01-29-2005, 01:11 PM
sounds like the float in your carb is stuck take off your bowl on your carb and look

hancadam
01-29-2005, 01:12 PM
I will try that.

Huffa
01-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Spray just a bit of carb cleaner either through the carb throat with the throttle fully open or in the spark plug hole. Now try. If it starts you know the carb is not delivering the fuel.

hancadam
01-30-2005, 01:20 AM
I dont think I am getting a spark. How much voltage should come from your stator. Well I get some voltage there when I kick it, get it past the cdi, but not the coil. I also cant see a spark. Should you be able too the spark? Also where is a place to buy a new one.

hancadam
01-30-2005, 01:23 AM
I have just put new plastics and painted tank on my 200x, but before when everything was off I power washed it. Can that hurt my electronics? I dont think I am getting a spark now. I cant not get it to even try to start. Its getting gas, the plug was wet. New air filter. Any suggestion greatly appreciated. Also if the coil or cdi is bad where can I grt one ecept ebay? Thanks

PowerTrike
01-30-2005, 01:25 AM
Whats the plug look like? Dripping wet or dry? Compression good? New plug? Should be a visible spark when grounded... good luck

hancadam
01-30-2005, 01:27 AM
it has new rings, just bought it, and not sure what compression iss good. It is as tdc. The plug was just moist and tried two.

83185s
01-30-2005, 05:23 PM
have u got oil on top of your piston??keeping it from starting ?? 185 did that to me then i cleaned it off the top and it started right up

HaggLE
01-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Get a new plug (NGK D8EA), ground it to the engine with the wire connected. Do you see spark? If you dont, check all your connections. More then likely the coil isnt grounding. You said that you have painted the trike? Where the coil bolts down, the metal bolting brackets has to have good contact with the metal of the frame.

Once you have spark then id worry about fuel. Is the new air filter a stock one or aftermarket? This can affect your tuning if its different then the previous one.

hancadam
01-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Did not paint frame. I did not move anything electrical. I checked with a voltimeter and I get power all the way to the coil. None at the wire, so ithink its a bad wire or coil. Let me know what you think.