PDA

View Full Version : WOW close call.....oil drain plug fell out

3leggeddog
01-29-2005, 12:10 AM
crazy thing,so today i decicde to ride.well i had not rode since the harscramble on the 16th.i always check the oil before a ride,well there was no oil coming out of the check hole so i put some in it to top it off.half a quart later i relize something is not right,then i hear it.the oil is pouring out of the bottom of the bike.my oil plug is gone.on further investigation i relize it's stripped out.the thing that freaks me out is that i havn't rode since the race,so i'm sure i lost it on the track.who knows how long i rode with no oil in the case.well i got it tapped out and a new bolt in it,and filled it with oil.i took the bike down the road and everything seemed to be fine.still goes through all the gears,and doesn't rattle,or knock.guess i got lucky

83185s
01-29-2005, 12:59 AM
yea sounds to me like u got really lucky! or someone tried to sabatoge it! B-O

3leggeddog
01-29-2005, 10:52 AM
yeah those yamaha guys must of took it out before the race

Derrick Adams
01-29-2005, 11:04 AM
For Sale: one slightly used oil drain plug for 1985 Honda 250R.

I've been carrying this thing around in my pocket for the last couple weeks, it needs to GO!!!! Proven 1st place finishs if you ride a Yamaha. This trick piece works!

Make me an offer!

3leggeddog
01-29-2005, 11:39 AM
you !!!!!!!!!

Huffa
01-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Real Lucky!

I'd drain that oil out and inspect the filter for any particals of metal though after it's good and warm.

Hmmm, does that model have any type of filter?