PDA

View Full Version : The Best aftermarket parts for 85-86 250R's

hrc85250r
01-28-2005, 03:52 PM
What are they????? lets see pics of them if you got em'... which one is your favorite and which one's the best of all time?!?!

i was thinkin the short track kit....

3Razors
01-28-2005, 04:51 PM
I like the progressive suspension fork springs. Much better ride and don't bottom as much for the jumps. ESR pipe/silencer. Calfab or Westcoast swingarms are a trick setup for the dunes.

AZ250R
01-28-2005, 05:23 PM
I like the progressive suspension fork springs. Much better ride and don't bottom as much for the jumps. ESR pipe/silencer. Calfab or Westcoast swingarms are a trick setup for the dunes.
Well along these same lines... and since we're talking "DUNES" here... the Mohawk, or similar shaved single rim/knob, front tire is a MUST IMO. Aftermarket axles, either brand, should be looked into. I broke a stock one, and never wanted to take that chance again. Extended axles would be even better if you want to spend the $$, or good extenders for those of us who have < $$. Antifade axle nut, if ya swap out your stock axle. Again I spent less on a RAD brand one compared to like a Durablue. Desert seat, thick foam, lets me ride radicaly for much longer without "monkeybutt" syndrome. & if ya remove the parking brake cable ya may as well buy an aftermarket clutch lever / perch. I got a FLY cheapo one and its much more responsive than the stock one with so much clutter on it. Its adjustment works great, stock setup was NOT so GReat. Probably the best thing I did was have my rear shock REBUILT, its a must for our older trikes! Allows for just Beat'n the Snot outa the whoops, instead of the other way around! :beer

Apollo
01-28-2005, 06:05 PM
What is an antifade nut and what does it do?

hrc85250r
01-29-2005, 12:38 AM
What is an antifade nut and what does it do?

it doubles as a heat sink to take heat away from the brake rotor so you dont have as much bake fade, thats the anti-fade part, and the nut part is the axle locknut...which is like 100000 times better than the stock junk, and doesnt loosen after every hard ride....